• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR-250 Bimini Issue

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finished my break in hours on the new boat over last weekend, and un raveled the bimini for the first time.

With our support bars installed into the wake tower support brackets, the ends of the most forward tube, aim up towards the sky. Its obviously not correct. It cant be tightened into place on the rear brackets without it starting to tear the sewn edges of the the bimini up by the front where the ends are trying to poke through.

In my looking at everything i have determined that the support bags that the brackets that attach to the most forward bar of the bimini frame, those brackets are riveted into place in the wrong position, they need to be rotated on the bar so the ends dont aim up into the air, and aim downward, nearly at the identical angle if zero is level to the horizon.

Its frustrating because nobody could have installed this bimini at the factory or dealer and not noticed this issue.

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Another '21 fail

Redwhiteandblue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finished my break in hours on the new boat over last weekend, and un raveled the bimini for the first time.

With our support bars installed into the wake tower support brackets, the ends of the most forward tube, aim up towards the sky. Its obviously not correct. It cant be tightened into place on the rear brackets without it starting to tear the sewn edges of the the bimini up by the front where the ends are trying to poke through.

In my looking at everything i have determined that the support bags that the brackets that attach to the most forward bar of the bimini frame, those brackets are riveted into place in the wrong position, they need to be rotated on the bar so the ends dont aim up into the air, and aim downward, nearly at the identical angle if zero is level to the horizon.

Its frustrating because nobody could have installed this bimini at the factory or dealer and not noticed this issue.
I remember having something "backwards" too I tried to loosen the support bolts only to find they were rivets like you said. We slid the ends of the bent bar out of the bimini and rotated the curved bar . Im thinking you can take the bar out and flip it, the feed it back through the Bimini 🤔

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was my first thought also, so i pulled the bar out, and then the bars that attached to the wake tower were upside down, and it would not work that way either. The way i am figuring it, the only way i can make it work is to rotate the bracket on the horizontal bar. Im going to look at it again this weekend when im up there.

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh and by the way, the biggest gripe with this whole thing.... my dealer says they cant see a problem from the photos, its looks fine to them, but i can make the 5 hour trip to them to have them look at it and pick it up in a week or two.

ugh, quality control issues are the worst.

Redwhiteandblue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was my first thought also, so i pulled the bar out, and then the bars that attached to the wake tower were upside down, and it would not work that way either. The way i am figuring it, the only way i can make it work is to rotate the bracket on the horizontal bar. Im going to look at it again this weekend when im up there.
I m sure you will figure it out. We took a break and came back to it before we figured it out. They way you describe it sounds what happened to us. I mean I suppose it could be backwards, I would have sworn ours was had it not been open in the show room

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We setup the bimini with the dealer to make sure it worked..... everything went up fine. I got to the Lake and tried to set it up and we mistakenly pulled it over the tower upside down and it didn't work. I am guessing yours is upside down or reversed. Take it off and start from step 1 and you will get it lined up. If it was bent the wrong way it would not fit into the boot cover for storage either so something has to be twisted or flipped. Once you get it - its easy to setup.

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, got it figured out. the entire thing was assembled backwards. I found someone on the lake with the same style tower as Mine, and went over his, and saw that my bars were installed upside down. So, i removed it all, undrilled the rivets, re-positioned everything and set the rivets again and now we are good to go.

Attachments