• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR bench seat

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Some people have been taking the bench seat out on at AR series and replacing with a captains chair. From what I understand the boat shells are the same between the AR and SX series, so the floor reinforcement is already there. This is "just" what I have read and have not changed out the bench. My wife likes the bench seat and the storage underneath.....

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never understood why Yamaha delete the passenger seat on the AR, it will swivel round to make a perfect spotters chair.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never understood why Yamaha delete the passenger seat on the AR, it will swivel round to make a perfect spotters chair.
I totally agree! On our boat the chair swivels around and The Girl can put her legs up and relax while she watches The Boy board...... I still check the mirror so I know when to power up for hard cuts, but the chair is way comfortable and that makes The Girl happy....

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's that awful video too from a Scarab dealer trying to dis the Yamaha, but he had a good point about people knocking their head on the screen when looking back from the bench seat on the AR.

Villasone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are picking up our AR190 tomorrow. We have a few changes. 1st thing the wife wanted a captain chair which the dealer is putting in the chair for 900$ and we will be able to put the bench in if we have a few extra people on the boat. The seat reinforcement is in the AR190 floor for sure. Also put speakers and fishing rod holders in. I"s so stoked to pick this up tomorrow.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are picking up our AR190 tomorrow. We have a few changes. 1st thing the wife wanted a captain chair which the dealer is putting in the chair for 900$ and we will be able to put the bench in if we have a few extra people on the boat. The seat reinforcement is in the AR190 floor for sure. Also put speakers and fishing rod holders in. I"s so stoked to pick this up tomorrow.
Welcome aboard @Villasone. Congrats on the new boat. Let's see some pics when you get her. If you update your profile with your city & state you will automatically be put on the member map and you can see where other local members are.

Ericgburns

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interestingly, we just bought a new SX190. Our salesman called me the night before I was going to take delivery and said he had never seen it before, but ours had the bench seat installed. He confirmed the mounting point for the captain's chair was also there, and agreed to swap it our for us, and would fill in the mounting holes for us later. When I got to the dealership the next day, he actually offered to let me keep the bench seat as well. The good news for everyone with an AR is it is apparently easy to switch to a captain's chair if that's what you prefer.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There's that awful video too from a Scarab dealer trying to dis the Yamaha, but he had a good point about people knocking their head on the screen when looking back from the bench seat on the AR.
One of the reasons we didn't get a new 212x. The windshield frame is too close to,the passengers head when facing backwards. One wrong wake and CrACK!

Villasone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interestingly, we just bought a new SX190. Our salesman called me the night before I was going to take delivery and said he had never seen it before, but ours had the bench seat installed. He confirmed the mounting point for the captain's chair was also there, and agreed to swap it our for us, and would fill in the mounting holes for us later. When I got to the dealership the next day, he actually offered to let me keep the bench seat as well. The good news for everyone with an AR is it is apparently easy to switch to a captain's chair if that's what you prefer.
So we got the captain seat installed in our AR190 and it looks great. The dealer said that all the boats have the hard points for mounting a captain chair regardless SX or AR. We also got to keep the bench. I figured we will put the bench in when we are taking a few extra people out. Looks like more room with the bench. Going to get her wet for the first time tomorrow.....Can't wait

Villasone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So its been a busy 2 weeks which both weekends included 4-5 hours in mission bay in SD on the new AR190. Saw at least 4 other Yamaha Jet boats which made me happy. Its the best place to break in a motor b/c of the slow/no wake areas. 1st trip was a fun for the most part. Never drove a jet boat before, so at low low speeds was interesting. I grew up with an outboard and also an I/O boat, so i was a bit nerves for the jet. With a bit of a learning curve all is good by my second trip on Sat june 21. Went out in the ocean after the break in trip (OMG YOU TOOK YOUR BOAT IN SALT WATER...YES I DID B/C ITS A BOAT MADE BY A COMPANY THAT SELLS A LOT OF THERE PRODUCT TO SALTWATER PEOPLE) and it handled great with a nice swell, breeze and chop. I grew up in NJ on the beach so i never saw a fresh water anything until I moved to CA. Putting it on the trailer is a breeze if you don't put the trailer in as much as you think you should. I cleaned it, flushed it and put it back in my garage which it fits by about 3" up to and 4 in length. Overall I am so happy we bought this boat. TONS of room, easy to clean, and most importantly my wife and kids love it.

M20 in SD was great to deal with. Didn't charge me the delivery or set up charge. Also have us the safety bag (forget what its called but we only had to buy a anchor for out first day. My wife only request was 2 captains chairs...mine was a tower. Well M20 made it happen for a cost of course. We got the AR with 2 bucket seat for an extra 900$ the speakers on the tower and fishing rod holders.

Attachments