• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR or SX

aquilotti1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
sorry but im at new at this whats the difference between the AR and the SX model? thanks

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @aquilotti1 When it comes to Yamahas, AR boats have a tower and SX models don't. Sometimes the biminis are slightly different too because AR models probably have the bimini tops mounted to the tower. I'm sure color schemes are different as well, but essentially all of the boats functions would be the same.

aquilotti1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Welcome @aquilotti1 When it comes to Yamahas, AR boats have a tower and SX models don't. Sometimes the biminis are slightly different too because AR models probably have the bimini tops mounted to the tower. I'm sure color schemes are different as well, but essentially all of the boats functions would be the same.
Thanks, Also would you know this question. on yamahas website it doesnt let you build a boat by adding options . Does that mean that the boat comes with whatever is already set by yamaha meaning the price doesnt change as well?

jsimanskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry but im at new at this whats the difference between the AR and the SX model? thanks
In addition to the tower, AR models include the J-shaped passenger bench, in lieu of a passenger's captain's chair.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks, Also would you know this question. on yamahas website it doesnt let you build a boat by adding options . Does that mean that the boat comes with whatever is already set by yamaha meaning the price doesnt change as well?
As @bronze_10 said earlier the boats are a complete package. The only options you really have (outside the diff. model types) is the color and the trailer. Last I heard the galvanized trailer upgrade will run you about $500.

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Do yourself a favor and get your next boat; the 24' model :D

However, if you are set on the 19' boats, get the AR version so you get the factory tower :D

aquilotti1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
In addition to the tower, AR models include the J-shaped passenger bench, in lieu of a passenger's captain's chair.
I see most models dont come with the passenger captains chair. surprisingly the cheapest model of sx190 DOES come with it. Is it possible to add that as an option on the AR190?

jsimanskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see most models dont come with the passenger captains chair. surprisingly the cheapest model of sx190 DOES come with it. Is it possible to add that as an option on the AR190?
Our dealer offered to install one, never got an exact quote but they said it would be somewhere under $1k. My sense from talking to dealers is that most people prefer the bench. My wife did prefer it, and we both agreed the boat feels slightly more spacious and easier to move around in. Therefore the AR won out.

Also, we really liked the bow filler cushion that is standard on the 195's. I choose a 190 primarily for fuel consumption (our lake has no marina), but the dealer was happy to throw in the cushion as one of our extras with the deal once we asked (and convinced them there was no 195 upsell in the cards).

Yamahasx190_2017

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I purchased the sx 190 for that reason. I preferred to have the two "captain seats" then the tower. Not really into water sports. You basically have two engines choices 190 or 195 (the supercharged version of the 190). Then you have SX of AR which the difference between the wakeboard tower or Bimini top. And the seating. You cannot get the AR with 2 caption chairs (my issue) hope this helps

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I have an SX and regret not getting the AR. I thought we would use the two captains chairs more but she has maybe sat there a handful of times. Most of the time she is stretched out on the back seat with her feet resting on top or through the chair. The j-seating also gives you a good spot to put the cooler so you don't always have to remove a seat cushion to get to it.

SCSX190

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The seats slide and swivel so you can change the configuration of the driver/passenger seat from pointing forward to sideways. It gives the passenger better access and leg room. I didn't like the j seating in the AR and prefer the dual bucket seats.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We wanted 2 captains chairs, but we're into water sports so we went with the AR. After living with it, we're happier with the bench seat! It has storage underneath and works nice when all the adults are hanging around inside and the kids are all jumping off the swim deck.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tower can add more than just a towpoint. It is a great grab point for docking/retrieval, can hold towels and stuff when floating, can have a light up top, can hold speakers, carry skis with added racks, and other. Also adds value since many of us want a tower so for resale you may get a lot of the money back. You can always take a tower off.

Seating becomes the other real consideration; j seating or captains chair. Personally like facing sideways so our captains chair is usually turned around facing backwards as a great spotter chair. With the captain chair it can spin however you want it, including sideways. With the bench, people talk about the great storage under the seat which you will lose with the captain chair.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got the AR for all the reasons above. Seating position in the J-Setup works out great and gives the interior of the boat a feeling of being much bigger than it is (actually feels just as roomy as our neighbors 24ft Centurion).

The tower is worth the price IMO. The ability to get all the "stuff" off the sides of the boat is nice. Bimini top mounts to the tower. Anchor light mounts to the tower. We tie off the fenders to the tower. We dry towels on the tower. Getting ready to mount a soundbar to the tower. It's a GIANT tool for the boat, that makes everything easier for us. Oh yea, it tows a wakeboard too :D :D

aquilotti1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks for all the replies

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love my sx. A tower would be nice. But i really like the captain chairs i still tube and wake board with no problem. And the 19 is easy to trailer and tow. And way better on fuel.