• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR190 seat cushions and mats color

yairlevy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi guys,
OK, so I’m in the research phase and about several months away for putting my order… renting for now… but wanted to ask:
My wife likes the bench on the AR and I hear the new 1.9L engine on the AR190 is great on fuel + can fit my garage…
But… I love the warm/brownish/teak seat cushions which appear to be available only in the 195S, also love the bow cushions fillers (prefer original then the DIY others have made), chrome handles + the lower swim mat on the AR195/195S, but why don’t they make the AR190 with the warm/brownish seat cushions + teak/espresso seadek mats?
Anyone got AR190 and changed their theme to the warm/brownish theme on the mats and seat cushions + added a matching lower swim platform mat?
Should I just get the 195S with the warm/brownish theme and change the second captain seat to a bench? Anyone did it? But then the engine on the 195S is not what I want… not into speeding anyways…
Or should I get the AR190 with the cool/grayish theme and change the mats to seadek warm/brownish/teak/espresso including adding the lower swim platform mat (I see full kit for about $1400 of the teak/espresso on https://jetboatpilot.com/products/c...ort-boats-2019-current?variant=41255183548469, may wait for their discount… ??), order the AR195 bow filler cushions (I see it for about $700 total for the two with tax and shipping from 2024 Yamaha AR195 (TP1800AA) Seat Cushion | PartsPitstop.com) and just live with the grayish seat cushions and plastic handles…?

Any advice?

Thanks!

I removed the carpet and installed SeaDek in the Mocha color on our SX190. Looks great and lots of compliments. If you plan on doing a lot of riding with just you and your wife; look hard at the SX with the dual captain chairs. Realistically, if you're thinking of splurging for the 195S, just go ahead and get a bigger boat instead. The bow is too small to enjoy laying out with a cushion. You have to turn kind of sideways in the seat to fit at 5'11.

I have upgraded the speakers, installed a small amplifier, and SeaDek. I have also changed the cup holder rings, fuel filler cap, and horn to the nicer chrome pieces from the 195. I am happy with the boat otherwise and feel no urge to upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_6772.JPG
    IMG_6772.JPG
    538 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6773.JPG
    IMG_6773.JPG
    692.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7621.jpg
    IMG_7621.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 36
  • Photo_6553628.JPG
    Photo_6553628.JPG
    468.1 KB · Views: 35
I removed the carpet and installed SeaDek in the Mocha color on our SX190. Looks great and lots of compliments. If you plan on doing a lot of riding with just you and your wife; look hard at the SX with the dual captain chairs. Realistically, if you're thinking of splurging for the 195S, just go ahead and get a bigger boat instead. The bow is too small to enjoy laying out with a cushion. You have to turn kind of sideways in the seat to fit at 5'11.

I have upgraded the speakers, installed a small amplifier, and SeaDek. I have also changed the cup holder rings, fuel filler cap, and horn to the nicer chrome pieces from the 195. I am happy with the boat otherwise and feel no urge to upgrade.
@SamN44 - first and foremost, wow - thank you so much!
Pictures are wonderful and you did a great job installing the seadek, it looks amazing ???.
This is a great point about the SX190, also less issues with the w tower folding when entering to the garage… and wife is only 5’7” ? so indeed may just work that way.

Thank you for posting pics - this looks fantastic! We just purchased a 2024 AR190 and I was wondering what this color SeaDek would look like against the grey interior. Looks custom! Does it snap in like the carpet or is it laid with adhesive? When my factory carpet gets worn down, this is the first upgrade I will be making.

Thank you for posting pics - this looks fantastic! We just purchased a 2024 AR190 and I was wondering what this color SeaDek would look like against the grey interior. Looks custom! Does it snap in like the carpet or is it laid with adhesive? When my factory carpet gets worn down, this is the first upgrade I will be making.

The SeaDek is peel and stick. It's 4 years old now and still looks great. The instructions have you remove the button snaps and fill the holes with 3m 4200 sealant. The carpet lasted only 4 months for us. It just felt so gross when it got wet.

The SeaDek is peel and stick. It's 4 years old now and still looks great. The instructions have you remove the button snaps and fill the holes with 3m 4200 sealant. The carpet lasted only 4 months for us. It just felt so gross when it got wet.
Thank you. Yes, others reported the same about the poor quality of the carpet and also said that the buttons heat up and painful to step on when it is very hot day. Saw a YouTube on JetBoatPilot on how to install the SeaDek, looks fairly easy and your finished deck looks amazing just like I dream on… The AR210 that I occasionally rent has the gray SeaDek and it is very soft to the feet, my wife loves it ??❤️

Question for you:
When you removed these button snaps, was it by screws or are they attached with rivets?
I’m concerned to do any drilling as you can imagine…
Thanks again for all the guidance.

Question for you:
When you removed these button snaps, was it by screws or are they attached with rivets?
I’m concerned to do any drilling as you can imagine…
Thanks again for all the guidance.

Just a single phillips head screw for each button. Super simple to remove and fill. Don't be scared. All of the button holes, except one by the passenger storage compartment door, are covered by the mat.

Just a single phillips head screw for each button. Super simple to remove and fill. Don't be scared. All of the button holes, except one by the passenger storage compartment door, are covered by the mat.
Excellent! Thank you so much.

Back