• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 register to Cali

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good day all,

I'm new to Califorina and I'm looking to bring my 2015 AR192 out. I did some searching and it seem that I may not be able to register it in the state because of not being a CARB boat. The posts that I found were older from 2013 so I was wondering if anyone has had any additional experience with this issue when moving to the state or bringing in a AR192 to Cali. Any and all help is appreciated as my shipper is supposed to pick up the boat in a week to ship!

Thanks!!

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just as a follow up to my own post, I contacted both the Department of Boats and Waterways as well as the DMV special registration branch, ended up being told that because it is jet I am ok to register as the emissions section (7) need not apply.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great news

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shouldn't be a problem. @txav8r and @Suchawittygal might have additional help with this.

PS. Welcome to California. Get your checkbook ready, we're taxed on everything. Even the view ;)

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll keep everyone posted on the final outcome when the boat arrives in a week!

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For anyone still interested I did find additional information in VIN 2008-08 "Vehicle Industry News" page 3.

"Note: Emission certification and engine hang tag submission are not required for :
1- vessels that are not inboard or inboard/outboard (stern drive).
2- Inboard or inboard/outboard vessels built before 2008.

Description of stern drive and inboard vessels:
1- Stern drive and inboard vessels- also called an inboard /outboard, as the engine is in the boat connected to the lower half of an outboard engine, that projects out through the stern (rear of the boat). (Propulsion code "N" on BOAT 101).
2- Inboard- the engine is fully enclosed within the hull with a driveshaft that emerges at an angle, through the bottom of the boats hull into a propeller. (propulsion code "I" on BOAT 101). "

Given the above information the BOAT 101 form would be filled out using code "J" for jet propulsion and therefore would not require the hangtag submission.

I sure hope this helps anyone else that is worried or having issues with the local field offices.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, get ready to pull out your checkbook....Sacramento loves to Tax us. Also be aware that you will have to pay property tax on your boat out here...every year. At the letter says each year, "even if you no longer own the boat, the owner on 1/1 of each year must pay tax on it." At least you can write the off though. For what that's worth.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I did see the property tax mentioned, around 1%. This state sure likes to charge for everything lol

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Final follow up on this topic for any future inquires.

Facts:
-I moved to California from Indiana
-Obtained CA drivers license and established residence
- Spoke with the special registration office prior to shipping boat
- completed form BOAT101 with vessel propulsion type as J = JET
- brought with me the Indiana boat title
- Section 7 of the form for emissions was left blank on the form
- DMV employee is to place "N" code when she completes the online information for "not required"
- the boat was over 1 year old and the usage tax paid in Indiana applied, thus no additional taxes due
- total fees were $49

Trailer was not registered yet as I must have it on site for inspection and the forms are not the same, but the process will be the same as for a vehicle.

I hope this finds it's way to another user in the future and helps resolve any worry regarding the AR192 NON CARB jet boat!

Cheers and happy boating

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length