• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar192 surfing

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the last couple of days I got the itch to mess with the 192 a bit so I ordered the L13 pump cone. Then I thought to myself, I "need" to be able to surf so I should buy a big ole bag, board, board rack, ect and get this thing going. Now I know I've seen a few people on here that have managed to get their 19'er surfing but I'm starting to think that all the money to get it so a 'decent' wave just may not be worth it, since I've not seen any fantastic videos as of yet.

Do you guys just think it's a pipedream I should let go?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Go for it! It is super fun, but my advice would be to get your pump in order first. If you have any cavitation issues, getting up on plane with a bunch of ballast will be very frustrating.

--

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I will let you know tomorrow. I tired it on my boat before with with my friends ballast sacks and he insisted all the weight be on the transom (Wrong!). So I have not had much success surfing yet, but I bought the twin pack of 350lb Straighline bags for $130 from the-house.com and they made a lot of difference wakeboarding. I also have two of their 150lb bags for center and front weight. I am not very confident it will be enough to produce a good surf wave though. I think if you ever got behind a true inboard wake boat you would be disappointed in the investment if you are going all out.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@d_coyne1984 I've surfed behind both a Moomba and supra for a couple seasons and they can be amazing, though they also take time to dial in. Let me know how the new bags worked out, I'm certainly interested to hear/see the results.