• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar195 vs 212 or AR 250

Oscarss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Currently have a 2021 AR195.
With a family of 5 I was wondering if I would be better off with a dual engine 1.8 boat instead of my 195 (power wise) .

I’m having a hard time getting the towable outside of the wake and feel that it’s because of the power from the single supercharged 1.8

Attachments

• D66D6468-60DD-4F83-BB9E-79EBB855E7DE.jpeg
    D66D6468-60DD-4F83-BB9E-79EBB855E7DE.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 26
That surprised me but I don’t own a 195. Whats the horsepower?

No problems here. 21 195s. Only time Ive needed extra power is when I try and get a 250 man up on a wake boarding that’s to small for him haha. The 195 should be enough power. The only thing I added to our towable is booster ball. Thing was a game changer for us. Helped with diving and spray.

That surprised me but I don’t own a 195. Whats the horsepower?
250 HP for 195, I've never felt like I needed more power. But I know the 2019 plus boats are a little slower

I’ve owned an SX190, a 212S and now an AR250. There is a HUGE difference between the 19 foot boats and even the 21 footers. The AR250 is my favorite one by far tho. Nothing beats the extra room and two engines. If you can sell and swing the bigger boat you won’t regret it.

Really debating on the 212 or the ar250

my question is. If both of these boats have the same 1.8 L twin setup then shouldn’t the 212 be a bit stronger since it’s smaller and lighter. ??

Something doesn’t seem right. My 195 rips just as hard as my 252 and goes 10mph faster. In either case if it’s an option get the 25’

Really debating on the 212 or the ar250

my question is. If both of these boats have the same 1.8 L twin setup then shouldn’t the 212 be a bit stronger since it’s smaller and lighter. ??
Ya of course....a 195 is way faster than an AR250. A 212 will scoot as well

A 212 is probably the fastest, but the 21’ boats are a major step down from the 25’ overall.

With the towable- I have one that someone gave me that has a rudder-like fin on it. I can’t get that one out of the wake. But my flat airhead tube goes all over. So maybe it’s your type of tube vs the boat not having the power.

A 212 is probably the fastest, but the 21’ boats are a major step down from the 25’ overall.
Most definitely, I'll take a 25 foot boat that does 40 tops vs a 19 or 21 that does 50 anyday of the week

I’ve only been out on the AR250 a few times since I just got it. I’ve hit 47 with room to increase the throttle several times. I honestly can’t tell that much of a difference speed wise between it and my 2019 212S.

Top speed and out of the hole power are two very different things. I will take a twin over single any day for this reason.

Jet pumps need to load up to have thrust and that is why a V-drive boat has so much low end power. And also why a twin can get water moving quicker at low speed. So pulling up tubes, a heavy boarder etc is better with any twin over a single.

Nope, our 242 won't do much over 50mph, but it will cruise mid 40's with 10 people on board.

But yes, for the same reason a mustang will out run a super duty, I still want a super duty for a family and an enclosed 4-place sled trailer. Pick the right tool for the job.

In general, I think you'd be happier with something bigger than the 195. I had one as well, then sold it on a whim and was lucky enough to find a dealer with a brand new AR240. Best decision ever - VERY happy with the 240, and with the twins, it has more than enough power for my family of 4.

Back