• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195S and skiing

bdartnell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi - I am looking right now at choosing between a Yamaha AR195S and the 212x. My son and wife love to wakeboard ... I prefer to ski. I am about 6 feet - 200 pounds. I am wondering if there are any issues with the AR195S and skiing - particularly in pulling me out of the water when I am slalom skiing - I am getting old and if it takes a long time to pull me out it shortens my ski!

Anyone who has experience - would appreciate hearing from you..

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No issues here. I'm 5'9" and 200lbs. Pulls me up from a deep water start on one ski no problem.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulling shouldn't be a problem. If you need or think you will eventually need the extra room of the 21' boat, then now is the time to get it. If not the 19' footer will work just fine for you.

NSpradley

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wakeboard behind my 195s and I am 6'1 230. With the SVHO it has plenty of power pulling me out of the water.

bdartnell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks ... appreciate the feedback.

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I should add one note though .... If you have like 2 adults and a couple small kids in the boat, you'll be fine. But if you push that up by an adult or two or a couple kids, then the weight of what is in the boat can make it a bit harder to perform a deep water start. It's not impossible, just a bit more work. Once up, all is good. I don't know if the 21' boat would have a similar problem as they have the same or less hp.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure with 5 people on my boat, the SVHO in the 195S could still pull the rope right out of your hands from a holeshot! I just got back from Wisconsin and had 6 people aboard at 1600' above sea level and hit 44MPH with a full tank of gas. Power is not an issue with the 195S, at least in my experience.

Sugarcharged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I read here also that the twin engines from the AR210 are excellent for watersports and could be an option to the 195S and closer to that price point as well instead of a 212X.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 21' AR210 has no issues pulling anything up. I have been fully loaded and pulled up skiers in deep water, 3 person tubes with 3 200+ lb adults in it, barefoot skiers, etc. No issues with power or bogging down in turns. Plenty of low end pulling power. Of course the 212's have more engine, but the price point is higher. The twin engines give you a lot of pulling power.

Sugarcharged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 21' AR210 has no issues pulling anything up. I have been fully loaded and pulled up skiers in deep water, 3 person tubes with 3 200+ lb adults in it, barefoot skiers, etc. No issues with power or bogging down in turns. Plenty of low end pulling power. Of course the 212's have more engine, but the price point is higher. The twin engines give you a lot of pulling power.
This is music to my ears...and my pockets, hehe. AR210 is my top choice at this time. Thanks for the direct feedback and shared experience.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Sugarcharged If the AR210 is what your budget it is at for a new one, you will be very pleased and happy. The 212s is nicer and the engines are bigger but so is the cost. For a mid 40k boat you won't be disappointed. We have had and still are enjoying everything on it. If it wasn't for extended journey's across the Great Lakes I wouldn't be looking to upgrade to the AR250, etc.

Jon D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi - I am looking right now at choosing between a Yamaha AR195S and the 212x. My son and wife love to wakeboard ... I prefer to ski. I am about 6 feet - 200 pounds. I am wondering if there are any issues with the AR195S and skiing - particularly in pulling me out of the water when I am slalom skiing - I am getting old and if it takes a long time to pull me out it shortens my ski!

Anyone who has experience - would appreciate hearing from you..
Any updates on how skiing is going with the 195? In some of the test videos there appears to be a pretty big rooster tail and there have been some posts that seem to hint at people having trouble pulling up possibly due to thrust of the single jet. I currently slalom behind my 2007 sx210 and feel it pulls me up quite well (strong initial pull then some lag just before ski completly gets on top of water) and has a very managable although wide wake at 15 off. Might be in the market for a new boat and don't need the space of the 21' any more so looking at the 195 but can't sacrifice skiability.