• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 starboard engine shutdown

Dosterman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This issue started last September after Labor Day fireworks. I had to run the starboard engine at idle for a few hours to maintain position around other watercraft. I can launch the boat start both engines and take off. Runs fine for awhile the starboard engine shuts down like I turned the key off. Last year it would start right back up run for about a minute then shut down. Found if I kept the right engine under 4000 rpm it would stay running. Been out serval times since then with no issues at all. Last weekend, took it out, about a half mile
From dock right engine shut down and wouldn’t restart. Wouldn’t crank no tach either.
Pulled out of the water and checked every connection and tightened battery cables. Now it starts again but shut down persist. I am a mechanic by trade, but Yamaha is keeping software for 20013 and up proprietary and can’t buy it unless your a dealer. Connect my scanners to the engines and just get Comm error. Anyone have this issue before me?

heyrolled

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not had the issue but I would check the engine kill switches in the “wet storage” jet port cleanout hatch, if you haven’t already . Maybe the switch is triggering for some reason.

Dosterman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not checked the switches. But will check them now.