• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

AR250 Audio Overhaul "Grey Area" - Questions & Guidance?

ginglesby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello All - this is my first post here and I am thrilled to be apart of the group. Long time lurker through various google searches and I often find incredibly useful info here which answers my questions immediately. I decided to make an account and make a post as I was unable to find direct enough answers to my question.

I have a '23 AR250 on order. I am the first in line at my dealer and may be receiving as soon as September. In the meantime, I am exploring audio upgrades as I plan to do this over the winter time. I plan to remove all the stock speakers and amplifier to replace, but the most important thing for me is to retain connext functionality. Please see below for desired changes:

Deck Speakers:
6: 6.5" Kicker Speakers (65W each).
1: JL Audio Amplifier (75W x 6).

Tower Speakers:
2: 8" Kicker Canned Speakers (150W each).
1: Rockford Fosgate Amplifier (150W x 2).

The "Grey" area for me is the RCA inputs (or lack thereof) behind the Uconnext. It is my understanding that there is a proprietary harness going to the Wet Sounds Stock Amp to the Connext system. I have seen in here a forum member who creates harnesses for this to tie in aftermarket amps but I am not understanding if it is that simple? (please bear with me).

My questions are as follows:

1. What is going to be required, wiring/harness wise, in order to add the components I mentioned and still tie everything into the Uconnext so i can operate from the factory screen?

2. Have folks instead just added a new headunit to power their audio setup and "ditched" the Uconnext as it relates to controlling the audio? I.e. Use a separate head unit and no longer use Connext for music? If this is the case, does the Connext system function the same without challenge despite not having any speaker/amp inputs plugged in? Any trouble codes?

Thank you to everyone in advance.

I used an AudioControl matrix to convert the signal. The signal is a little too high for RCAs and a little too low for high-level voltage.

I used an AudioControl matrix to convert the signal. The signal is a little too high for RCAs and a little too low for high-level voltage.
Can you tell me how this works with the Connext? Not sure what the AudioControl Matrix means as it relates to tieing the whole system together or how you did it.

Can you tell me how this works with the Connext? Not sure what the AudioControl Matrix means as it relates to tieing the whole system together or how you did it.

You take the output signal from the connext and put it to the input side of the Matrix. The matrix then works its magic (and you set the levels) and then the output of the matrix is standard RCAs. An Audiocontrol LC6i should also work as well.

Do the newer boats not have a head unit with RCA outputs???

i Used an audio control LCI 2. There are 4 speaker wire inputs coming into the factory amp. i ran those input wires from the connext screen to the LCI 2 and out of the LCI 2 you get two pairs of RCA leads. Below thread has lot of info how to do it. I have 4 amps, 12 speakers and two subs and i can either control it through the Connext screen or my BT wet sounds zone controller. Connext screen hook up is needed if you want the ability to use the factory swim deck remote.

if your interested in multiple zone control this pocket works well

Attachments

• 8F107186-895D-471E-A498-CA2C5A5237CE.png
    8F107186-895D-471E-A498-CA2C5A5237CE.png
    11.9 MB · Views: 39
  • C3AD037F-6E85-4516-A988-6089DBF74376.jpeg
    C3AD037F-6E85-4516-A988-6089DBF74376.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • F4759FCE-92D5-47EE-9A67-C0261B573196.jpeg
    F4759FCE-92D5-47EE-9A67-C0261B573196.jpeg
    950.2 KB · Views: 37
Hello All - this is my first post here and I am thrilled to be apart of the group. Long time lurker through various google searches and I often find incredibly useful info here which answers my questions immediately. I decided to make an account and make a post as I was unable to find direct enough answers to my question.
Welcome! I have no information to help with your query, unfortunately (my boat was before Connext). But glad you popped by and made an account and all. Hopefully you will stick around a bit, learn some, and help some. Good to have you here.

We now return you to the real answers from my colleagues.

Back