• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

AR250 Connext Startup Issue

svt440

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2021 AR250 giving me Connext problems. We normally boat straight out to the swim hole and sit and play music for the afternoon. The first start of the day the screen always boots with no problems. If we cruise out the the swimhole and I key off to kill the motors, when I key back on for float mode at least 50% of the time the screen wont turn on. I don't even get the splash screen. If I shut off the battery knobs and key on (to flush the memory), then turn the battery knobs back on and key on, it always then boots up. I'm convinced based on that that its software and not hardware. The boat only has 13 hours and its never had a software update. I'm not sure if there is even an update out yet for these? Has anyone heard of such an issue? Thanks!

I have a 2021 AR250 giving me Connext problems. We normally boat straight out to the swim hole and sit and play music for the afternoon. The first start of the day the screen always boots with no problems. If we cruise out the the swimhole and I key off to kill the motors, when I key back on for float mode at least 50% of the time the screen wont turn on. I don't even get the splash screen. If I shut off the battery knobs and key on (to flush the memory), then turn the battery knobs back on and key on, it always then boots up. I'm convinced based on that that its software and not hardware. The boat only has 13 hours and its never had a software update. I'm not sure if there is even an update out yet for these? Has anyone heard of such an issue? Thanks!

I had a similar issue on my 2020 FSH195. Eventually it went out completely. It ended up being the main accessory fuse was bad. That is a really cheap fix - so maybe replace that fuse and see if its any better.

Alternatively - this could be a low voltage issue of some sort - make sure all your battery connections are tight.

This might be a timing issue when turning off the engines and turning the keys back on. If you try to turn the keys back on too soon after the Connext screen shuts off, it won't boot up. Try turning off the engines, let the Connext turn off completely, wait 30 seconds, then turn the keys back on. I find I only need to briefly turn on one key and turn it back off as the Connext boots.

Since then I read here that I can turn off the engines and leave the Connext off. I turn on the Fusion radio manually and control it with the app instead. If you have a Fusion head unit at the stern, give that a try too.

FWIW, I always shut my starboard motor off first, then turn the starboard key to float mode, then turn my port motor off. That way my screen stays on and doesn’t shut off.

Back