• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR250 question- flat wire and plug stbd seat

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All,

Wondering what the flat two wire is coming from connext that runs and ends near front speaker and runs back toward stern a bit on Starboard side. Antenna? I thought that tee was very interesting. I've never seen anything like that but imagine that does a better job at waterproofing over a butt connector even with shrinktubing.

Also, was trying to install some led lights in boat. Was just splicing in to courtesy lights. I pulled the one out next to the cockpit and factory didn't leave a lot of extra wire there. I had roughly 4 inches of wire sticking out from the hole when I dropped the light. Very annoying.

While meandering through rear seat, found this plug pictured below. I was hoping that was wired to courtesy lights (of course it wasn't) but was wondering if anyone knew what this plug is for? I didn't do any testing yet but interested to see if anyone knows. I will be back under there this week on the port side, I didn't check to see if there was one on that side unfortunately. It slipped my mind because of trying to race darkness.

20240616_163328.jpg20240616_163312.jpg20240616_163257.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Diagnostic cable?

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw the diag cable labeled and underneath the helm. Its just out of the picture to the right of the picture of the flat wire which i'm thinking is antenna but could be wrong. I don't know why else a wire would terminate towards the bow without any other purpose.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yep, now that you say that, sure does look like an antenna... Possibly no reason to terminate it towards the bow of the boat except running it out long enough to help with radio signal. Turn your radio on FM and unplug it to see if you lose reception.