• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AT-205 RE-SEAL Do I DARE!

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Changing the oil/plugs on my 16 year old 2007 AR230. I just noticed that my engine sound insulation is crumbling and will need to be upgraded and thought about the engine seals.

I have ran Mobil 1 from the start which has plastisizers in the formulation but according to Scotty Kilmer self proclaimed Mechanic Prophet, AT-205 is the real deal!
She doesn’t leak oil and runs like like new.
Should I put a bottle in this oil change as a preventive????

IMG_9915.jpeg

Changing the oil/plugs on my 16 year old 2007 AR230. I just noticed that my engine sound insulation is crumbling and will need to be upgraded and thought about the engine seals.

I have ran Mobil 1 from the start which has plastisizers in the formulation but according to Scotty Kilmer self proclaimed Mechanic Prophet, AT-205 is the real deal!
Should I put a bottle in this oil change as a preventive????

View attachment 201317
Nope, wouldn't use it.
Anything that says it seals i dont trust

Better question, why risk getting a serious problem, when no problem exists to begin with?

Back