• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Atlanta Area Lakes

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Atlanta area boaters, other than Lake Lanier and Lake Allatoona are there other lakes that have public access that are good to boat, possibly live on?

Depends on how far you are considering “Atlanta”. I enjoy going to Carters Lake every once in a while, no houses though. We took a trip to Lake Hartwell and had a great time. My sister has a house on Lake Burton and we go there a good bit.

I grew up going to my grandparents house on Jackson Lake, but I live on the North side of town so it’s a bit inconvenient. It may be the only other one considered drivable to Atlanta on a regular basis. I will warn that Jackson has a tendency to be a bit dirty as it is fed from Yellow and South Rivers which wash down debris regularly. None the less I learned to ski and have many great memories there.

Depends on how far you are considering “Atlanta”. I enjoy going to Carters Lake every once in a while, no houses though. We took a trip to Lake Hartwell and had a great time. My sister has a house on Lake Burton and we go there a good bit.

I grew up going to my grandparents house on Jackson Lake, but I live on the North side of town so it’s a bit inconvenient. It may be the only other one considered drivable to Atlanta on a regular basis. I will warn that Jackson has a tendency to be a bit dirty as it is fed from Yellow and South Rivers which wash down debris regularly. None the less I learned to ski and have many great memories there.
I keep wanting to go to Hartwell. Is it worth the drive? Better than Lanier?

Thanks Smiley. Was thinking about a two hour radius from downtown. We are are looking at moving to the north of the city, Woodstock, Alpharetta, in that general area. Do you have the Grey/Burgundy or Yacht Blue?

I keep wanting to go to Hartwell. Is it worth the drive? Better than Lanier?
I like it better/worse depends on the person I guess. We have friends that love Lanier and we go, but I like Allatoona better. I like Hartwell because it has a lot of coves to go chill in that are not covered with socks and houses. It’s also a really big lake.

Thanks Smiley. Was thinking about a two hour radius from downtown. We are are looking at moving to the north of the city, Woodstock, Alpharetta, in that general area. Do you have the Grey/Burgundy or Yacht Blue?
We chose the grey/burgundy? and we are in Roswell, so equidistant from Lanier and Allatoona. My in-laws have a slip at Harbor Town and we usually put in at Galts Ferry. Payne/Kellog Creek seems to be a dumpster fire every time I try to go there.

I had our boat at a marina in Allatoona for about 3 years and then we boat a lake house on Hartwell. Lots of fun on both but we much preferred Hartwell. It wasn't as crowded and better fishing. If you are living in Woodstock you will want Allatoona for the home base because it is so close.

We chose the grey/burgundy? and we are in Roswell, so equidistant from Lanier and Allatoona. My in-laws have a slip at Harbor Town and we usually put in at Galts Ferry. Payne/Kellog Creek seems to be a dumpster fire every time I try to go there.
Same here, Grey/Burgundy, and warm interior all look better in person. Glad we went with it, We get compliments every time we go out.

Back