• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Audio help ar250

Chief fan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I have Yamaha ar250 and wanting a step by step high level how to directions. I just purchased wetsoind tower speakers and a JL 6 ch amp. Wanting to take to a professional but want to know basics so the audio place won’t take advantage of me. My questions which are stupid since I’m trying to learn.
1.How many wires connect to stock amp?
2. Does it take some type converter to connect to my new amp?
3. Can I leave stock speakers in and add tower speakers?
Wanting to leave conext screen to control volume.
Any advice so I can have some idea how to talk to audio shop would be helpful.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
1. Should be a quite a few wires. Power/Ground/Remote/4ch input/4 or 6 ch output. So at minimum 19 wires.
2. Yes and no, depends on the amp.
3. Yes.

Where are you located?

Read reviews and try to find 1 or 2 honest shops. See if they have worked on Yamahas before. Explain you are looking just to add tower speakers. Pretty straight forward job.

Chief fan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Thank you. Boat is located in Branson mo. Area table rock lake but I live in Kansas City

Top Bottom