• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Audio Hiss

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
This happened yesterday at the end of a trip where I took the neighbors and their kids out to swim; had a full boat so no time to troubleshoot it yet.
We were anchored, but turned the key off because we didn't need the music. At the end of the day I started the engines and could hear a hiss coming from every speaker. Has anyone had this issue, or hints on where to start troubleshooting?

Jpderi2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We have the same exact boat. I too have a hiss when the volume is all the way down. I always attributed it to how my tower speakers were installed, but maybe that's not the case. Just been living with it, but it does annoy me from time to time. Let me know if you figure anything out.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We have the same exact boat. I too have a hiss when the volume is all the way down. I always attributed it to how my tower speakers were installed, but maybe that's not the case. Just been living with it, but it does annoy me from time to time. Let me know if you figure anything out.
I'll have to go down to the marina and dig into it. Mine is all stock audio; no towers or any changes to amps. It has been quiet until yesterday. I'll update here what I find.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Update:
The issue has disappeared. I did nothing other than put the boat on the lift, turn the 2 red switches to off, plug in the charger.
While I wish I had more useful information, my life in the software development world tells me to look the other way.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is usually due to ground loop. I forgot the best ways to fix on a boat, but essentially your stereo is not grounded properly. I know a lot of guys install a ground bus, but I would start with your ground wire on the back of the stereo. Also, maybe search on Youtube for eliminating a ground loop on a boat

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another easy and cheap way is to buy a ground loop isolator off Amazon.