• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Audio Questions

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hello to all!
I've been battling this Fusion radio since I purchased my 19' 242X. Originally my sub didn't work and with all your help I cut the control wires from the WS and installed RCA converter and a JL Sub Amp. While that did get the sub working, I have to turn the cabin speakers way up to get good power to the sub. Seems like the 2 zones are linked power wise. I have the fusion app and the Sub Zone is Maxed but still only comes alive when the overall volume of the cabin speakers are turned way up. I'm wondering if I grabbed the RCA at the HU in the stern and ran that to the sub amp if that would give me separate control or do you think it would be the same as me tapping the control wires at the WS amp under the helm?

Thanks in advance!!

Hello to all!
I've been battling this Fusion radio since I purchased my 19' 242X. Originally my sub didn't work and with all your help I cut the control wires from the WS and installed RCA converter and a JL Sub Amp. While that did get the sub working, I have to turn the cabin speakers way up to get good power to the sub. Seems like the 2 zones are linked power wise. I have the fusion app and the Sub Zone is Maxed but still only comes alive when the overall volume of the cabin speakers are turned way up. I'm wondering if I grabbed the RCA at the HU in the stern and ran that to the sub amp if that would give me separate control or do you think it would be the same as me tapping the control wires at the WS amp under the helm?

Thanks in advance!!

As with most things audio - grab a DMM and test. Sounds like you don't have RCAs to the sub zone but to the primary zone. This would make sense why you have to turn it up loud - because the main zone probably has a HPF on it, reducing sub output.

Ok so I I go back to the HU and capture the Sub Out it should be totally sep?

Ok so I I go back to the HU and capture the Sub Out it should be totally sep?

Yes. They typically have a white label on each pair saying what output it is. (Front/Rear/Sub/Aux)

Back