• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

AugHog Sand Bar Auger Anchor

Those would work fine at Texoma on the sand, but in clay, it will be tough to screw in and out I think. The long reach is nice, let us know how it works for you!

I use a old plastic prop from a trolling motor riveted to a pvc pipe. I want to figure out a way to extend it with like 3 foot sections. It works but our ground is so soft and sandy it pulls out with 2 foot plus waves which we get due to boats coming pretty close. Works great otherwise.

Highly recommend a shore spike.

Been using the shore spike for the first time this season. Absolutely love it with the danik hook.

I had a different brand auger anchor. It wouldn't go into our rocky dirt. I gave it away and am very happy with the Shore Spike.

Will a shore spike work well with my mucky bottom lake? It looks to me like it would just pull straight up?
I am sure if I go down far enough it would work, but how far would I have to be under water to keep hammering it down?

It should work fine. If you get it and it doesn't work as you hoped then list it for sale in the classified thread on this site.

Had a piece of angle in my hand and a grinder in the other and the wife said NO.

Will a shore spike work well with my mucky bottom lake? It looks to me like it would just pull straight up?
I am sure if I go down far enough it would work, but how far would I have to be under water to keep hammering it down?
It only works for horizontal forces on the beach not vertical forces underwater.

Well, then it's the screw in type for me anyways then. We don't like putting an anchor behind the boat where we go because there is usually about 20 boats and 40+ people all lined up and in the water. Anchors and feet don't mix well.

It only works for horizontal forces on the beach not vertical forces underwater.
I would not agree with this at all. Many of us use the shore spike underwater. Now if it is 5' deep, it will be out of the question. But even in 4' of water, I have operated the hammer handle and securely drove it in, marking it with a fender or buoy. It comes with a loop on the handle just for that purpose. And it is made to use in a vertical manner. I should have just recommend the Slide Anchor Shore Spike back up the thread. I sent mine with the 230 when I sold it, and have to replace it. @HawkTX , I tried 3 different augers...they all pretty much sucked. The shore spike will work in a variety of conditions from sand, rocky soil, clay, grass covered, and dirt. It actually works better in the water than on the shore!

Wow! Hot topic! I actually have the shore spike. I purchased it when I bought my box anchor and it is great when we beach the boat. I just saw these and thought they would be simple for tying the boat off in about 3 to 4 feet of water.

I think my shore spike works great in 3 to 4 feet of water...now where those would shine I think @hawk is in deeper water.

Yeah. I agree. I'm a grab a set and try them out and report back.

Back