• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aux Battery voltage alarm

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@HELP

Started last weekend but went away this weekend as soon as I throttle up it he alarm goes on and off. Consistently. Until I go back into no wake mode.

Batteries are fully charged and I checked the voltage and they are sitting at 13.9 14

Any ideas. It happens while I am running the emergency or normal on the battery switch.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Given that the alarm occurs at high rpms my guess is that the alarm is for high voltage. Perhaps a bad rectifier/stator. You may consider disconnecting the battery output from one of the stators to see if it still happens. Then reconnect and try disconnecting the other.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've gotten this also and it was in fact a low aux battery. It seems at high RPMs the engines draw more juice then they produce. Are you. He king the battery voltage at the batteries with a volt meter? I would check the batteries while running when the alarm is going off if possible. May also be a bad or corroded battery connection.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Given that the alarm occurs at high rpms my guess is that the alarm is for high voltage. Perhaps a bad rectifier/stator. You may consider disconnecting the battery output from one of the stators to see if it still happens. Then reconnect and try disconnecting the other.
If anyone tries this don't forget to insulate the disconnected wire end :dead:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I've gotten this also and it was in fact a low aux battery. It seems at high RPMs the engines draw more juice then they produce. Are you. He king the battery voltage at the batteries with a volt meter? I would check the batteries while running when the alarm is going off if possible. May also be a bad or corroded battery connection.
I can almost bet it's the battery. Same house battery since I bought the boat 4 years ago.

Voltage reading was from the dash. Don't have a voltage meter out here in the water.

Is going to hurt anything running the rest of the day if it's goin off?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need to keep a meter on the boat, I do even with a new boat. If you idle along with the switch on combine/ emergency it should charge both batteries eventually.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First troubleshoot the connection. Tighten the battery terminal connections with a wrench.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Appreciate it fellas. So after we left the beach j did not turn the stereo on for the rest of the day. Never had an Alarm go off again. Turned the stereo on as I cruised the channle home and no alarm either. I brought the battery with me to have it checked and start from there.

Appreciate the help.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just be aware, you can't check battery voltage while running. Because what you will read is the output of the charging system, not battery voltage. If you remove the battery, you will still have the condition because a battery has been removed. You need to load test that battery on the bench to see if it handles the load and recovers like it should. But the symptoms you state are consistent with low battery. We are not talking just about a battery that is undercharged, although that can cause these symptoms, but rather a battery that won't hold up under load, a weak battery.