• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Backlights on main gauges (Nightime lights) not working on 2015 SX210

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Guys need some help/assistance/opinions on what to do for my 2015 SX210.

It’s a few years old and this is the second time this has happened. My nighttime lights (nav lights) work red and green upfront but the lights for all of the gauges (instrument cluster) won’t come on. Can’t see rpm’s gas levels etc because none of the backlights work.

It happened last summer and my local dealer replaced the whole dash they said under warranty and now it’s happening Again.

I hate to take it there again and wait weeks. I’m not very mechanically Inclined so not sure if this is something I can tackle myself on things to look at/explore/try.

What’s weird is last night only one light wasn’t working for port engine rpm then a couple minutes later all turned off and wouldn’t come back on. Maybe a short? Wiring issue? No clue where to start.

Thanks in advance.

First thing I would check is if the lights are getting power. Turn on the light switch, then remove the dash panel and remove the light bulbs from the gauges and using a multimeter or 12v test light, check to see if power is even making it to the bulbs.

Back