• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ballast on 212x

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What does your ballast bag look like when it's full? I tried this past weekend and while it put water in it, it looked like it wasn't completely full. I'm not sure how long the process takes to completely fill it but I had it on for ~30 minutes. Wake did seem to be bigger but just wondering if I should see the bag under side storage packed tight with water when it's full.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Scottintexas Thanks for the tip but since mine is 2013 it must be set at 20 min max. Does "To decrease fill time" mean decrease time to fill to full or decrease time that the pump would run for with single click? It did run for a while before shutting off. Also do I have to be running the engine for this to fill?

@octavio3311 Since I don't know what it looks like when it's full perhaps I'm not seeing this correctly. I was expecting storage bin to be full with expanded bag but I didn't see that it was. Is both your rear storage bin space completely taken up with the ballast bag when it's full? You wouldn't have picture of this you could post?

Last edited:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@dansshin - no I don't have a picture. I'll take 1 this weekend. Anyways - the compartments are not 100% full - I'd say 90%. The bags do conform to the compartments.
Once you hit the fill button and hear for it to stop. You can hit the button again up to 6 times. Each time will run the pump for an additional 30 seconds.
And no - you don't have to be running the engines. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@octavio3311 Ok. I'll try this again next time I'm out and I'll try to take a photo on mine. How many times do you have to hit the button to get to full?

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I usually hit it 6 more times after the initial fill up.
But when doing this for the 1st time - pop your cushions off and keep an eye on things.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok. Will do. Thank you for the tip and still would love to see photo of yours filled up.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If I go out - I'll take a photo. Big if though. My sons has double elimination baseball playoffs on Saturday - and we're leaving for vacation on Monday. Sunday will be a busy day with packing and all.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sure. Enjoy your vacation.