• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Basic parts name question

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey everyone, sorry for the stupid question, but what’s the name of the metal plates along the bottom rear of the hull right before the nozzles? Chewing on potentially flush mounting my transducer on it and I’d like to be able to see what a replacement part would cost should it not go according to plan...can’t seem to find it on the parts diagrams. Thanks in advance.

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if you look at the "jet unit" 1 or 2 in the link above,

the few members that have removed those have said it was very difficult with all the sealant, I might use an epoxy or 5200 or something I could grind/sand off if it didn't work right,

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
if you look at the "jet unit" 1 or 2 in the link above,

the few members that have removed those have said it was very difficult with all the sealant, I might use an epoxy or 5200 or something I could grind/sand off if it didn't work right,

Ya, I mainly wanted to look into the part cost if I needed to replace it. Hopefully that’s not the case.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1584470418803.png

1584470494908.png

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I surface mounted the transducer to it sandwiched between an angled spacer to make it level, do you think the resulting profile protruding from the bottom of the hull would considerably impact it's handling/general operation? Looks like the newer ride plates angle in (allowing the transducer to be "tucked away" and level) but our older boats follow the hull profile.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I doubt it. I have mine mounted normally (hanging below, off the transom) and it does not affect anything. I can't imagine that the same size/shape moved forward essentially 8 inches would affect anything.