• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Maintainer Recommendations

Vito Losurdo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2020 Yamaha 242S. I plan to keep it in the water all winter in Atlanta. What battery maintainer is recommended to keep the battery charged? Thanks!

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Vito. There are a bunch of options. If you only need it for the winter, I would just get a couple of Battery Tender Jr.'s ($25 each at Walmart). They just clip onto the battery terminals. I would unhook the black wire from the DVSR to the battery so the batteries will remain isolated and each charger can work independently.

If you are looking for a permanent installation, I like the Noco Genius products. They are waterproof and have worked very well for me. The current 2-bank is the GEN5X2, $165 retail. NOCO - On-Board Battery Chargers

Here's a quick picture of my Noco install:
#2,375

Last edited:

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
i got a noco genius 10. just plug it in. its awesome. not permanently mounted i just plug it in the night before we go out.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
i got a noco genius 10. just plug it in. its awesome. not permanently mounted i just plug it in the night before we go out.
As did I... Someone posted one of these on the site saying it was a good deal during Amazon Prime days. I bought one and love it.

Vito Losurdo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Vito. There are a bunch of options. If you only need it for the winter, I would just get a couple of Battery Tender Jr.'s ($25 each at Walmart). They just clip onto the battery terminals. I would unhook the black wire from the DVSR to the battery so the batteries will remain isolated and each charger can work independently.

If you are looking for a permanent installation, I like the Noco Genius products. They are waterproof and have worked very well for me. The current 2-bank is the GEN5X2, $165 retail. NOCO - On-Board Battery Chargers

Here's a quick

Here's a quick picture of my Noco install:
#2,375
Do you use anything for the 3rd battery (house battery)?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 2020 Yamaha 242S. I plan to keep it in the water all winter in Atlanta. What battery maintainer is recommended to keep the battery charged?
I strongly suggest an ignition protected and sealed unit if it will be staying on the boat over the winter or storage, or any other time. The less expensive chargers will keep the batteries charged just fine, but they have the potential to ignite hydrogen and petroleum fumes causing a fire.

Promariner, Noco, MinnKota, are brands to look for when doing any kind of on-board charging in a confined space. If you pull the batteries and put them in your garage or basement, the regular indoor chargers will work great.

Vito Losurdo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I strongly suggest an ignition protected and sealed unit if it will be staying on the boat over the winter or storage, or any other time. The less expensive chargers will keep the batteries charged just fine, but they have the potential to ignite hydrogen and petroleum fumes causing a fire.

Promariner, Noco, MinnKota, are brands to look for when doing any kind of on-board charging in a confined space. If you pull the batteries and put them in your garage or basement, the regular indoor chargers will work great.
Thanks to all! I have spent all night researching based on the recommendations and believe I am going with the NOCO GEN2.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you use anything for the 3rd battery (house battery)?
Hi Vito, Sorry for the delay. My 242X has 2 batteries. One for Start and One for House. I believe it is the same for your 242S.
Thanks to all! I have spent all night researching based on the recommendations and believe I am going with the NOCO GEN2.
Excellent choice!

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't quote me on this, but I think NOCO stuff on Amazon goes on sale for black friday.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought a Guest 2 bank charger maintainer over 10 years ago (when it was 5 Amps per bank and under $100) and it’s still going strong. If it died tomorrow morning I would have another on order by noon the same day.
4D4AE41E-7546-42CB-B74A-D6ADF8765DA3.png

Top Bottom