• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Beach Weave / Marine Weave floor covering

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A friend of mine has the optional "Beach Weave" carpet on his Chapparal. This stuff seems nice. It feels good on the feet, cleans up easily, has a little padding, and does not seem to stink like my berber. I am strongly considering Sea Dek also, but I am concerned about scratches by the dog, temperature on the dark mats, wear and tear, etc.

I am going to explore this "Beach Weave" product a bit. There is surprisingly little info on the web...mostly hair weave websites :-) Seems like it might be a branded version of the Marine Weave found here: http://www.snapincarpet.com/ I am checking...

They do not have a template for my 2012 242 Limited S, so I am going to measure out the carpet, get a quote, etc. The whole deal will involve a templating process, etc. but it does not seem difficult.

I will keep you guys posted.

Any other knowledge on this or suggestions for a place that could do this? I am all ears.

@Gumbeaux we are a Chaparral Dealer as well and I remember receiving something in the mail form the company that does their Beachweave..... let me see if I can find that info for you!

Let me sell you an extra set of carpet...

It still looks like carpet. We would remove our carpet every time that we boated in salt water and forget to put it back in for the rest of the season.

We have full boat hydro turf. SeaDek is supposed to be an even better product. Now when I get salt on it I just head for the car wash. It dries in a few minutes and is ready to go. After two years it is holding up well. There are probably 10 spots where the top layer has been cut exposing the lower layer. Most of those happened due to an ice chest bouncing on this years Bimini crossing. Another is where I dropped a group 31 battery and the corner made 1/4" cut into the turf. Even that only penetrated the top 1/3rd.

Let me sell you an extra set of carpet...
LOL. No thanks. Have one brand new barely used set already.

It still looks like carpet. We would remove our carpet every time that we boated in salt water and forget to put it back in for the rest of the season.

We have full boat hydro turf. SeaDek is supposed to be an even better product. Now when I get salt on it I just head for the car wash. It dries in a few minutes and is ready to go. After two years it is holding up well. There are probably 10 spots where the top layer has been cut exposing the lower layer. Most of those happened due to an ice chest bouncing on this years Bimini crossing. Another is where I dropped a group 31 battery and the corner made 1/4" cut into the turf. Even that only penetrated the top 1/3rd.

My experience on the Beach Weave on my friends boat is that it has a great padded feel, like a soft plastic, but not exactly like carpet and it does not get stinky like my carpet. Seems to shed water better and maybe more air flow around it...I don't know the magic trick. Maybe it just has a treatment on both sides. He just leaves it in with no problems.

Sea Dek is the #1 contender right now, especially with Jet Boat Pilots new chocolate kits, but I want to run down this Beach Weave option as well...

yeah Glassman...I saw that stuff up close at the boat show. It has some awesome features, but I can't decide if it looks/feels high end or cheap...
Might see if I can get a small sample...

I would be worried about all the hair that wood be stuck to it, especially if you have dogs with long hair.

yeah Glassman...I saw that stuff up close at the boat show. It has some awesome features, but I can't decide if it looks/feels high end or cheap...
Might see if I can get a small sample...

I hear you...let us know what you find out. I'll bet one of our brothers down in Fla. has danced on this stuff at one time or another. Let's see if anyone chimes in. :cool:

I would be worried about all the hair that wood be stuck to it, especially if you have dogs with long hair.

I have four daughters and a wife....I stopped letting hair everywhere bother me a long time ago.. :eek:

@Glassman I feel your pain... with 3 daughters and a wife, all with long blond hair, the crap is everywhere. Not sure what is worse, the shedding dog or shedding teenagers.

@007 -- your boat has similar flooring that you showed me at Shelbyville, correct?

Assuming it is the same stuff, it has a great "foot feel" -- I am not sure how tough it is. Also, some people have reported issues with it tearing around ski hatch opening, etc.

Scarab sells an upgrade like this they call "Smart Mat" for something like, gulp, $1500.

Similar to (if not supplied by) Deckadence:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/deckadence-marine-flooring.2612/
http://www.jetboaters.net/threads/anyone-know-the-oem-that-makes-scarab-smart-mat.3464/

EDIT: OK, I just Googled "Chapparal Beach Weave" and found this, which is obviously not Deckadence...

Chap Beach Weave.JPG

Note also that if you just Google "Beach Weave" you will find mainly this:

Double Weave.jpg

Last edited:
@007 -- your boat has similar flooring that you showed me at Shelbyville, correct?

Assuming it is the same stuff, it has a great "foot feel" -- I am not sure how tough it is.

@GTBRMC the brand name of the stuff in my boat is Posiden Mat. It is basically Deckadence, which is what @Glassman posted the video for. We love it. It's comfy, but it can still get hot in the direct summer sunlight. I am not sure what the beach weave stuff is.

With less than a season on it, we've had zero problems with tears or damage so far.

@GTBRMC the brand name of the stuff in my boat is Posiden Mat. It is basically Deckadence, which is what @Glassman posted the video for. We love it. It's comfy, but it can still get hot in the direct summer sunlight. I am not sure what the beach weave stuff is.

With less than a season on it, we've had zero problems with tears or damage so far.

Oh, yeah, I loved the feel of it, looked a lot better in person than in photos, too. I didn't mean to imply you were having problems with it. There is a thread - I think it is "here" but it could be "there" - where someone had problems with the mat tearing near the ski locker hatch opening. I looked but I could not find it to link.

EDIT: OK, I just Googled "Chapparal Beach Weave" and found this, which is obviously not Deckadence...

View attachment 26971

YES, that's the stuff. Just trying to figure out what common name it can be purchased under. Still not had a chance to chase down the "Marine Weave" people and see if it's the same.

I didn't mean to imply you were having problems with it.

Not a problem, didn't think you were. Just saying I've only had it less than a year, so not much I can say about durability. I did pull it out of the boat last night and hosed out the floor. Then I hosed out the mat. I love the fact that I could put it back in wet to air dry in the boat and not have to worry about "stinky carpet smell".

Anyone want to get rid of a new set of carpet for an 06 AR210? Or SX?

@Gumbeaux the company that does Chaparral's beach weave is called Infinity Fabrics. Their stuff is awesome and hopefully they can help you out with the pattern and everything. They have different weave patterns and colors to choose from

I jast saw this stuff in a high end poooooontoon at Bass Pro Shops. Looks really cool and it is very cushiony.

I tried the beach weave on a 2015 Chaparral 243 and it was very hot. Too hot to stand on bare footed. It was the dark gray color. Not sure how the brown would do.

Back