• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Beautiful day on the river

And found a friend that put 2000 lbs of ballast on his 240. Plus he has plump friends.

Great ballast, easily moveable, but drinks too much beer!

It really was a great day on the river. Water still 73 degrees. Surfed, wakeboarding and tubed. Was testing automated ballast for the first time, had a dirty frothy wave from shallow river and no wedge. Need to fix my offset (downward) nozzles to shoot jet thrust more under water.

Thanks for the pictures Jim @buckbuck

Last edited:
Looks like fun!!! @dan144k looks like you need some more butt weight to help with the wash also.

Wow! That ballast system is awesome. You can walk it around any where on the boat! Lunch time must be a bitch though! :D

@octavio3311 Thise 2 kids are great, they made boating a blast for me, they bought the boat a new wakeboard and are always generous with gas money.

@jcyamaharider We tried to put all the ballast on the swim deck while pulling Jim and it washed out the wave even worse.

Running 800lbs in ski locker and 600lb bag each side on rear. I think the 6 foot river is our biggest obstacle. Personnally when surfing I noticed holding on to the rope took very litte effort. Compared to not having ballast filled. SO I am happily making improvements.

Last edited:
@octavio3311 Thise 2 kids are great, they made boating a blast for me, they bought the boat a new wakeboard and are always generous with gas money.

@jcyamaharider We tried to put all the ballast on the swim deck while pulling Jim and it washed out the wave even worse.

Running 800lbs in ski locker and 600lb bag each side on rear. I think the 6 foot river is our biggest obstacle. Personnally when surfing I noticed holding on to the rope took very litte effort. Compared to not having ballast filled. SO I am happily making improvements.

6ft is defiantly the problem. Even with the Wake Wedge on, when we hit a shallow spot on the water, less then 10ft, the wave turns to crap. There just isn't enough water to displace.

I hope dan144k has a chance to consult with you guys about the wake. He definitely has the weight and just needs to get everything tweeked in. I really think his last step is to just get one of your Wedges.

Back