• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bennett Trim Tabs

AlpharettaRK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I see everyone is happy with their Lectro tabs, being the contrarian I am I looked to get Bennet installed. A little backstory. Tech support for Bennett has been moved to Kennesaw, GA in the Yamaha plant. Park Marine where I bought my boat is about 5 miles from the Yamaha facility and a good number of the support folks at Yamaha have worked at Park Marine. When I inquired about what fit my boat, since well Yamaha owns you, I was pleasantly surprised that they volunteered to test fit some at the dealer.

So I ended up with electric 9x12s and I went for the auto controller. It is NMEA networked into my Simrad for GPS speed/acceleration data.

First trip today and I’m pretty pleased. Calibration was a little wonky. The hole shot mode works awesome for getting started. It will not auto-correct for porpoising, but 2 clicks down would stop porpoising without slowing down. Then just switch back to auto mode. Highly recommend.

Cheers

Randy

Attachments

Sail2endfl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Randy. Thanks for sharing. I am also in Kennesaw and had no idea Bennett is based off Chastain. This made the decision to go for Bennett setup!!

AlpharettaRK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well to be clear I think Bennett is still more or less in Miami. Yamaha bought them a few years ago. When you call the Bennett support line you get the Yamaha folks at the facility in Kennesaw. Like others I was surprised they didn’t really know what would fit my boat. But as I said above they were helpful and figured it out.
Good luck!