• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bent steering cable

Tigger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Help, can I replace the bent end of this without replacing the entire cable all the way to the steering wheel.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don't believe so. You may be able to bend it back, but it's strength will have been diminished and you probably won't get it 100% true. Your 2019 doesn't have any electronics in the steers, so it's a pretty straight forward job to replace. Completely doable in your driveway.

Care to share how you ended up doing that??

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Order a new cable set and replace all of it. Even if you bend it back it will most likely continue to have issues. It is the entire steering cable it is one sealed unit.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you know why it bent ?

Does anyone know where to buy the cables direct ? Like we did with the teleflex cables for the older model boats .

I just looked up the cables for the 242XE looks like they came down in price to $369.00 The 19 foot boats may even be less

1718738077795.png

Tigger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was in shallow water fishing. I was moving forward slowly. I saw a rock ahead so I put it in neutral. When you cut the throttle on my jet boat it spins. So I hit the rock sideways perfectly with the rudder. My jet boat is a horrible fishing boat. Come into a fishing spot, cut the engine and the boat just spins.

Tigger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the “protector hose” in the parts diagram the tan colored tube that I bent? It doesn’t give a good picture. If I could get the old one off I wonder If I could replace just that.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You cannot. Replace the whole assembly. Takes an hour or two and you need an oxygen sensor wrench. Please search on the forums, many write ups on how to do it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have cables from a 2017 aR 240. You can have one for the cost of the box and actual shipping form 94505. I will keep the other as a spare in case one goes south in my boat. Respond here or start a convo with me if you are interested.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
You cannot. Replace the whole assembly. Takes an hour or two and you need an oxygen sensor wrench. Please search on the forums, many write ups on how to do it.
This is what I bought when I did mine. About 2 hours start to finish in the garage, then the cure time for the sealant in the hull.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Your OEM steering cable PN is Domitec Sea Star #16015 for this generation of 19’ boats. should be the same as my 2022 was. If you can find the 16015B, that’s the composite core opposed to the steel core, helps with rusting and longer life, especially in saltwater like I was in.