• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Box Anchor

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To save our marriage my wife and I have decided to get a box anchor for next season. There are some on amazon with mixed reviews so I'm unsure of them. Also what's a good weight for a 24 foot boat?

To save our marriage my wife and I have decided to get a box anchor for next season. There are some on amazon with mixed reviews so I'm unsure of them. Also what's a good weight for a 24 foot boat?
Other than weight and finish/colors, all of the box anchors are the best anchors in my opinion. I’ve had mine for 10 years now and can only think of a very few times it didn’t lock in on the first try. I think I’ve got the medium sized one.

Attachments

• FE69455D-A07E-4E17-AD5A-BBFB00D49135.png
    FE69455D-A07E-4E17-AD5A-BBFB00D49135.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 52
I picked up the "Small" Box Anchor from Slide Anchor.
The wind did push us a little on the lake (soft mud/sand bottom), but that is the only time it has moved and probably because I didn't have enough rode.
I stopped by their shop in Havasu and Ryan confirms that the Small should be sufficient for my 24' boat.
IF you wanted a bigger one, I wouldn't go past the large. Small fits into the front of my 2011 242 with several inches to spare, I think the large would fit also.
and finally, Ryan said if I found the Small to be too small, he would swap out for the Large ($30 more)

Slide Anchor https://www.slideanchor.com/box-anchor-/box-anchor-wg4na

Baby Box Anchor - 13 Lbs - 18” L x 7” W x 4.5” H

Small Box Anchor - 19 Lbs - 22” L x 8.5” W x 5” H

Large Box Anchor - 26 Lbs - 25” L x 9.5” W x 6.5” H

Extra Large Box Anchor - 40 Lbs - 30” L x 11” W x 6.5” H

Ya, I don't think there is much difference in brands. It's a pretty simple design. the cool part is no need for chain!! But you do want to have plenty of rope, as they really to respond to additional rope. It's definitely not the weight that holds these things in place, it's rope angle.

Good luck!

I had the small on my 242. Best anchor I've ever had. But I lost it at the bottom of the lake due to an unfortunate knot mistake. lol. Now I just use a danforth and it is ok.

I would say that brands matter. The Slide anchor is fantastic. I got a knock of one from amazon and it was shite. Clunky to set up. Poor manufacturing, crappy bolts.

I spoke with Ryan before buying my anchor.
The “Box Anchor” being sold by Bass Pro Shop is a knock off. If you look at the photos online, you can see that the finish on the knock off is not as nice.

I’d get the original by slideanchor not the knock-off’s. https://www.slideanchor.com/boxanchor

Get the small size. It will be plenty to hold your boat if the bottom surface is sufficient. You should not need lots of rode or rope. They imbed themselves into the soil surface. We toss ours with only a few extra feet of rope and holds like Velcro with a heavier boat than y’all use them with. No need to go overboard and get some massive anchor made for a 40’ cabin cruiser lol.

That settles that, thanks guys

I’m looking at box anchor threads and came across this one. Wondering if the new anchor did the trick for your marriage. Hope they both worked out great.

The one Mel @txav8tr (long time member/founder of this board now boatless) built for me

Last edited:
I’m looking at box anchor threads and came across this one. Wondering if the new anchor did the trick for your marriage. Hope they both worked out great.

Been doing the job so far. Even fits in the front anchor locker! Sometimes it comes up with a lot of mud, we just hold it just under the water surface as we no wake out of the cove and it cleans right up.

Back