• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best cover for 2010-2014 242 limited S

ABuchei

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys, having trouble finding a thread related to this, but I need a new cover for my 2011 242 limited S. I’m seeing two different model numbers that fit this and both say they are the black premium cover. I’m just wondering which one it is the best, most durable? The part numbers I’m seeing are MAR-242MC-TW-BK and MAR-242BK-TW-14. I really want the black cover, not the gray one.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
One would assume that the cover ending in "BK" would indicate black... but you never know. Call a dealership and have them confirm.

ABuchei

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Both models say they’re black. I’ve read that one is more durable than an another. Just can’t find which one that is. Read one deteriorates quickly, even out of the sun. Yet they’re all expensive. Just trying to get the best cover

ABuchei

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe they’re the same design, but one might be an updated version, made with better materials. The material is sur last but I’ve heard sur last has an updated material

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm assuming that if one is "superseded" by another the older one may not be available anymore? Are you able to find both of them in stock?

I bought the Yamaha premium mooring cover this past spring for my boat and it's made with SurLast - the quality seems great.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Call partzilla or yamaha sports plaza they should be able to tell you what the differences are if any. The original grey covers did not have cleat pockets. As I recall the standard black and premium black covers were introduced at the same time and the premium had cleat pockets.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Going by a paper catalog from 2019, the black cover model number was MAR242BKTW14 (and probably still is), the Charcoal (grey) cover model number was MAR242TWCH18. The other number is probably the original/prior number for the black cover. (They’ve done some reswizzling of the numbers over time.)