• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best practice for covered storage with waketower folded down (2017 AR210)?

motomark73

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all, appreciate any feedback. I have covered storage very close to both my house and the ramp I put in at (Lake Lanier) at and it is actually one of the least expensive "secured" boat storage facilities in my area to boot. Unfortunately, I am about 8" shy of fitting under the roofline with the tower up. Basically I was lucky to get a spot in this facility and there is a long wait list for spots with higher rooflines.

Dropping the tower is no biggie, but not sure if there is a way to still use the factory deluxe cover that is clearly designed only to work with tower up to keep dust/pollen/etc out of the boat. I have it on there now, but as the tower sits above the windshield I could not really get the cover over the stern properly and it rides probably 6" high on the sides (i.e. around the middle cleat). Maybe I'm just dumb, but could not figure anything else out. Just curious what others are doing and if I am missing something obvious. Maybe there's a way to only partially lower the tower to get my needed clearance without major modifications to the tower base cable and something that would be reversible?

thosjflynn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The factory travel cover (white vinyl) that they ship the boat in works great. Kept mine and it goes over the tower when down (made to). Maybe you can get one from your dealer if you didn't keep it?

motomark73

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did not even think of that option, thanks very much! Inquiries out to local dealer...