• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Sealant For Intake Tunnel

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
What is the best sealant to use for resealing the intake tunnel? I have seen members use 3M 4200, 3M 5200, Loctite marine adhesive/sealant, etc. My concern (especially with 5200) is the difficulty in removing it if you ever need to re-seal it later on down the road. Would a non-adhesive marine sealant do the job? From the looks of my intake tunnel, my boat must have been the last one to seal up before lunch break.

Attachments

• IMG_9130.JPG
    IMG_9130.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9131.JPG
    IMG_9131.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9132.JPG
    IMG_9132.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
I would get @2kwik4u's opinion he sealed his intake tunnel sometime back. There is a thread on it somewhere. He might be able to give an idea on how its held up and the longevity of the seals.

@2kwik4u I read through yours and it is definitely informative. At this point I am just trying to determine which product is best suited for this application. I know you said the 3M 5200 was very hard to find locally so you settled for the Loctite marine adhesive/sealant. I don't want to be under my boat scraping away in a couple years wishing I would have used "the right" product instead. I've read that the 3M 5200 has excellent adhesion and is very likely to cause damage if it ever needs to be removed. I've not found any posts on here with warning of what not to use, so perhaps any good sealant rated for under waterline would suffice.

Back