• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best way to jack up a 2018 Yamaha 242 Limited S E Series with Shorlander Trailer

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just ordered new wheel and tires from Recstuff.com. I have a Harbor Freight 2 ton Low Profile jack and was wondering what methods is the best to jack the trailer up with boat on it to switch old tires out with my new wheels? Really considering ordering a Trailer Aid Plus.

Thanks
Darren Kerns
2018 Yamaha 242 Limited S E-series

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I took mine to America’s tires but if I would have done it my self I would do one side at a time. Just put the Jack under or near the point where the leaf springs meet or under a leaf sping with the other supported by a jack stand. Also so it with the trailer attached to the tow vehicle to assure the trailer won’t move on you while you are working on it.

FYI America’s tire used two floor jacks to raise both sides and got the job done in under an hour for less than $100.

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ronnie
I was going to do one side at a time. My boat is in storage but I can get my truck hooked up to it to keep it from rolling. I really like this Trailer Aid Plus.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If the trailer aid plus is a ramp to lift one tire of two on side, make sure it’s tall enough to lift the unsupported tire off the ground while it’s inflated. I had the standard yellow one no the taller black one so I had to deflate the spare before I could install it.

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Ronnie for your help. I read up and it said to be sure to order the Trailer Aid Plus. It will give me more clearance. I will have my air compressor in the bed of my truck and I have electric at the storage place so I can deflate if needed. I did a search for "Changing Tires" and I found a great picture of it being used. It provided enough clearance to get the old off & new on.

I love this forum. Thanks again Ronnie for the help. I appreciate it.
Darren

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to use a ghetto trailer aid once, just backed the good tire on top of a parking block / side walk to get the flat suspended. Don’t forget to break the lug nuts loose before you raise the trailer.

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ghetto trailer aid 😂 I will break the lug nuts loose before too!

Take care buddy & Stay Safe!!
Darren

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There seems to be three models available;

The Trailer-Aid Camco 21 that gives a 4.5" lift,1645818705841.png
The Trailer-Aid Camco 22 that gives a 5.5" lift,
1645818566160.png
and the Trailer-Aid Camco 23 that also has a 5.5" lift.
1645818663391.png

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just got the Trailer Aid Plus that raises it 5.5".

Have not gotten the chance to use it yet because I am still waiting on my new wheels and tires.

I will let everyone know how it turns out when I get the chance.
Thanks
Darren