• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best way to value/sell boat

philipcronan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all. I’m new to posting. I’m looking to sell my 2007 AR230 and upgrade. The engine is in very good condition but all vinyl/seats need to be replaced (except the captains chairs). Any thoughts on how to value and where to sell?

Look up the NADA value then look around facebook market place and see where others are pricing theirs. That is a good way to start.

Where to sell - Facebook marketplace, Craigslist (including your surrounding areas), here (jetboaters.net), and the Yamaha Jet Boat Owners Group (Official) site. Easy-peasy way to get sale information out quickly and for free.

Jim

Spend the money on boattrader to list it, but try marketplace first. I did market place and had a million “is this available” and 3 people who asked more questions then tried to beat me down with clearly no intention to buy. I listed on boat trader and sold through there, there were more quality leads which led to a sale in about a week. You’re probably better off spending $2k on a new interior set of skins then listing and selling April for a much higher sale price If you can wait. Listing now depending on where your located might be slower since boating season is over for most of the country, demand is much higher right before boating season starts.

Personally, I would replace all the vinyl before listing. As a buyer, I would preceive worn /torn vinyl as a sign of poor maintenance, whether that be true or not.

I'd use as many listing services as possible ... Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, auto trader, etc...

Clean it, polish it, wax it.

A lot will depend on where you're located, and hours and conditions.

I'm torn on the vinyl (no pun intended). On one hand, if you price it knowing it needs 3 to 4k in upholstery, it let's you sell now vs next year when the economic outlook may be a lot worse, plus it let's the buyer pick what they want vs like basic white if you went cheap.

Back