• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Best Yamaha Wake Series

euro_e30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need some input for the forums , looking to upgrade end of season from my 05 AR230 this is my second AR for the past 8-10 years great boats always served me well (minus my recent both ecm failure) but otherwise great boats.

We live on the water in Hampstead,NC and go out a lot on the ICW, I don’t want a center console as Yamaha are ver versatile and I still love doing water sports and the kids are starting to get into it .

I’ve been eyeing the new/used 255XD do you guys recommend this one or I’m open to used ones as well ar250 etc

Ps I would love a 25’ or so we are a family of 7

Looking forward to the advice

Would be opposed to the 275sd just would have the water sports fun with this one I’m assuming

I looked at new Yamaha's before picking up my 2018 242x. The fit and finish on the 2024's I looked at was horrible. Nothing lined up right. The piping on the cushions didn't line up right. The doors had different size gaps all around. The whole screen dash was loose. So we went back to pre-covid models and found a really well taken care of 242x. We can fit 8 people very comfortable in it and up to 12 total people. 12 is really tight though.

I looked at new Yamaha's before picking up my 2018 242x. The fit and finish on the 2024's I looked at was horrible. Nothing lined up right. The piping on the cushions didn't line up right. The doors had different size gaps all around. The whole screen dash was loose. So we went back to pre-covid models and found a really well taken care of 242x. We can fit 8 people very comfortable in it and up to 12 total people. 12 is really tight though.
Does that model year come with ballast etc how the surf behind this boat ?

Yes it has all the ballast bags in it to surf and wakeboard. Any of the X series should have the ballast bags in them. The AR series don't have that option.

Yes it has all the ballast bags in it to surf and wakeboard. Any of the X series should have the ballast bags in them. The AR series don't have that option.
Looks like a great boat I’ll def check these out as well !

Back