• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Big Thanks to Odin at Earmark!!

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wanted to thank Odin for his help in getting me the stuff I needed to finish out my system. I had been aquiring a few things here and there, but a little bonus at work pushed me over the edge to go ahead and buy the rest of the stuff I needed so I emailed Odin at the recommedation of many of you guys.

I went with all JL Audio. 6-MX650s, adding 2 to the center cockpit area, and a M600/6 to power them. A IB5 10" sub powered by a M200/2 mounted in the starboard rear storage behind the driver seat. It all run from the stock Clarion CMD8. I hope to upgrade it next year with another Clarion that is a little more user friendly and will work with the MW1 rear remote that's already on my swim deck.

Last summer I had gotten a Clarion XC1410 amp to power the stock 6.5s" and had added 2 Kicker KMT4" to the swim deck. I am keeping the XC1410 hooked to them and on a switch where I can turn them on/off.

I haven't gotten it all fine tuned yet or gotten to try it out on the water, but it sounds damn good in my yard. LOL. Hopefully I'll get one more day before it cools off too much to try it and my new TVXVs this year. If anyone is thinking about upgrading, give Odin a shout!

P.S. Excuse the dirtiness of my boat. It has been uncovered alot the last couple weeks while I have been working on this. :(237.JPG 238.JPG 240.JPG 241.JPG 242.JPG 243.JPG 239.JPG 245.JPG 247.JPG 248.JPG

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That moment you realize you got the amps mounted, looking and sounding great but forgot to remove the plastic from the board...Looks great!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice install. Looks very professional.

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
:( I was hoping nobody noticed that! LOL

Thanks guys. It's by far the nicest system I've ever had in any of my vehicles.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seeing the pic in your aviator, do you tandem tow with your 5er? What's the length of your camper and the total length all hooked up?

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes I do. The trailer is about 38' IIRC, it's my parents, and the total length is top secret:D....no really, it's around 80'. I haven't officially measured it, just stepped it off.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes I do. The trailer is about 38' IIRC, it's my parents, and the total length is top secret:D....no really, it's around 80'. I haven't officially measured it, just stepped it off.
Holly crap! Is that legal in Oklahoma? I know it isn't here in Texas where 65' is max. I've put mine together with just measuring in the driveway and I'd be around 70'. It'd take some custom metal fabrication on the back of the 5er to handle the 230. That's after convincing my wife that it can be done safely.

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Holly crap! Is that legal in Oklahoma? I know it isn't here in Texas where 65' is max. I've put mine together with just measuring in the driveway and I'd be around 70'. It'd take some custom metal fabrication on the back of the 5er to handle the 230. That's after convincing my wife that it can be done safely.
It's only illegal if you get caught! Lol. It's 65' in OK also but our DOT doesn't enforce it. My grandpa and dad have been doing it 20+ yrs with no problems. You might have a problem with TX DOT though. They seem to be a lot stricter.

That's one of the reasons I went with the 210 is that I knew I was going to tandem and as light as it is, it's probably not much heavier than my dads Champion bass boat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice install and setup! Your going to love it, I have virtually the same thing. Another earmark professionally turned sound system!!!

Earmark Marine

Jet Boat Junkie
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking good, thanks for the business and as always I'm available if you have any questions.

Odin