• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bildge running from wake surfing

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
So I "broke down" and bought the custom transom ballast bag for my 212XE. The surf wave is now phenomenal! Tons of push! Only problem now is the bildge pump is having to run. I'm assuming it is all the water coming over the wet deck area when a surfer falls and I go to idle?? Anyone experience this and if so any solutions? I can't think of anywhere else this could be coming from. I think I might have mitigated it a bit by not stopping too fast, but I'm not sure. I've never had the bildge need to come on before and I am wet slipping the boat for a few days while I have a rental at the lake. Would make me feel better if I knew for sure this is where the water is coming from.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This happens with me too. I believe it seeps in through the metal trim that’s on the edge of the swim platform since that will be under water mist likely. I used to be alarmed about it but not anymore. I would check your scupper valve just to make sure it’s not cracked since it probably goes under water too. My guess though is that it’s seeping through the trim so I wouldn’t worry too much.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rub rail also leaks. For me i dont have enough weight unless the rub rail is under water in the back

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also if your pop out cleat is underwater water will leak in from the two center pins.

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thanks all, good to know it's normal. Maybe now I should also get a backup pump Incase the main one fails since I know I'm going to be purposely allowing water to leak in.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Same on my 2020 212x. On a normal basis my bilge barely has any water in it. When I put that fatsac on it my pump runs every now and again for like 5-10 seconds. Not enough to concern me. I'm definitely not pulling off my rubrails to try and seal those up. Not worth the hassle.