• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge heaters

SCSX190

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any recommendations on bilge heaters for the 190 engine compartment. I am keeping her in the water all winter in a covered slip with the shipping cover on. Daytime temps average about 50 but we can dip below freezing occasionally at night.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No personal experience person, but while boat shopping I found 2 ( that I recall) boats using one called an Xtreme? I believe, 600w. The one owner I talked to about it loved it.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about hanging a trouble light in there on cold nights?

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
If you want to spend a bit for a very nice unit, this one will do the trick. http://a.co/7CGc8KV

You can also use one of these if it it just dips into freezing zone for a short period, and not super cold. http://a.co/0CBhlwi

Incandescent light bulb in a work light fixture works great, but man it's hard to find incandescent bulbs any more, and I've found the halogen doesn't put out near as much heat.

SCSX190

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I set up a stand-up heater with the anti freeze temp setting. Leaving the engine cover half open with the shipping cover topping it off.IMG_20161207_132207340.jpg IMG_20161207_132134436.jpg

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I have a small space heater I put in the closed engine compartment. I put a "T" inline with the onboard battery charger for power. As long as it's plugged in, the battery stays topped off and engine is kept above freezing.

SCSX190

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Came to the boat this morning to check on the heater setup and it appears to be working as desired. The shipping cover provides a nice shell to keep the warm air in the boat. The heater has the freeze setup and turns on/off @ 45 degrees. I couldn't find a better solution at Walmart so I just used an existing heater I was using in the bonus room above the garage. We occasionally dip into the 20s but it doesn't last so a permanent solution isn't needed. The boat is in a wet slip and water temps help as well. Thanks for all the information.IMG_20161209_074537979.jpg