• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - Ride Sharing Requests

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there a Ride a long program in this Bimini trip 2015?

Is there a Ride a long program in this Bimini trip 2015?

Most boats making the trip this year had multiple couples on board splitting the cost in some manner. The condos at http://BiminiSands.com are available with a loft bedroom for $25 more per night which makes a one bedroom unit into a one private and one semiprivate bedroom condo many of which have two bathrooms. The same loft option is available on two bedroom condos. I believe that some of the boats had as many as eight people onboard for the crossing. The fuel costs to tow the boat to and from Fort Lauderdale and for the boat making the crossing and enjoying Bimini were more than the condo costs for many of us. It makes a lot of sense to bring others to share in the cost.

I know of a couple of boats that did not go to Bimini in 2014 due to cost concerns that might have if they had additional passenger to share in the costs.

I have started this thread as a place for members who would like to share costs in another boat instead of bringing their own to express interest.

Last edited:
Most boats making the trip this year had multiple couples on board splitting the cost in some way. The condos at http://BiminiSands.com are available with a loft bedroom for $25 more per night which makes a one bedroom unit into a one private and one semiprivate bedroom condo many of which have two bathrooms. I believe that some of the boats had as many as eight people onboard for the crossing. It makes a lot of sense to bring others to share in the cost.

Perhaps we should maintain a list of members who would like to share costs in another boat instead of bringing their own?
Yeah that is what I was saying. Lol a list makes a great idea.

I like that list idea, especially if I want to go, but it would make more sense to not take my boat that far.
HEY you guys are off topic!

No offense to anyone but I probably would not want to share a condo with someone I meet for the first time. However, if I had room in my boat I would be happy to transport a couple back and for plus take them around Bimini.

I need my hitchhiking sign

"NEED A RIDE: PROMISE I WON'T KILL YOU"

From people's numbers something like 300 bucks in gas?
Shoot i would pay all the gas money to keep my boat in fresh water. I am still waiting to see what school schedule is yet.

From people's numbers something like 300 bucks in gas?
Shoot i would pay all the gas money to keep my boat in fresh water. I am still waiting to see what school schedule is yet.
$300 is about right for half the gas.

Hmmm, I would be willing to pay it all if someone was going to be carting me around the whole week.
Should there be a standard for all of this if there are multiple people doing this?

Hmmm, I would be willing to pay it all if someone was going to be carting me around the whole week.
Should there be a standard for all of this if there are multiple people doing this?
For me if I was to offer this service, I would prefer to negotiate with the guest passengers on what they would help out with. But I would agree that at a minimum the guest passengers should be willing to pay for half the gas (about $300) and their portion of the Bahama tax which is $150 per boat covering up to 3 people and $20 per person above 3.

My gas bill was right at $1000 to tow the boat back and forth (2500 miles). Then I spent $400 on gas in Bimini and another $100 to fill the boat back up when I got home. If anyone is going to do this I think they should remember the high towing cost.

The ferry is showing full all summer but I remember seeing prices around $400 per person earlier in the year and flights are even more expensive.

My gas bill was right at $1000 to tow the boat back and forth (2500 miles). Then I spent $400 on gas in Bimini and another $100 to fill the boat back up when I got home. If anyone is going to do this I think they should remember the high towing cost.

The ferry is showing full all summer but I remember seeing prices around $400 per person earlier in the year and flights are even more expensive.
That is exactly why I think it should be up to each boat owner to negotiate the price they would be willing to charge to have someone tag along with them. For me, I might not charge for towing because I will be doing it even if I don't take on guest passengers, sure you could say the same thing about splitting the boat fuel expense. For me the money I would charge is to cover any additional expenses I incur due to the guest passengers and some amount of money to cover my generousity which would be the majority of the overall charge. The generousity fee could be based on anything such as half of the boat fuel, half of the towing expense, etc to give it some justification. Depending how generous I felt would depend on the fee I would charge someone. Also, I might let the guest passengers make the first offer because they might offer to pay more than I was planning on charging.

Back