• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini this weekend/weather

Oceanic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Hi, I am planning to go to Bimini this Friday from miami and coming g back on Monday..any thoughts on the weather?would it be ok to cross?
Thanks

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Single boat crossing ? First time ? If yes & yes then I say “No”.

Oceanic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
34 ft cruiser 2 inboards
Not first time it’s been a while but worried about the weather..

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With that kind of vessel ( under the assumption that it is in a condition to cross and it has the proper equipment) I would give it a go. If you get out and it is rough, you turn around and go home. Or go to the keys. It is not that you just drove from 1,500 or something

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Windy.com shows 3ft early reducing to 2ft around 10 am on Friday, and then Monday it looks 1ft on the way out.. I dont know your go/no go criteria.. but thats the forecast.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe that the storm will begin building on Wednesday (7 August) next week, so as long as it's not next weekend, that storm won't affect you.

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
We are planning to go on Sun and come back Mon bec sat waves look higher

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Oceanic did you end up going? The forecasts started looking worse so we are planning to go this weekend. Want to join?