• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini to Freeport- can it be done?

Jason Crump

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First post!!! Long time stalker!!!

So I have and opportunity for a very cheap (free) vacation at a resort in Freeport Bahamas. But want my boat there... it’s a ‘15 AR240. I have experience in open water in my boat and sailing for years with my grandfather for days at a time.

I know I don’t have the fuel to make it straight there (86 miles) but was wonder if I went to Bimini and refueled could I make it to Freeport? It is about 66 miles port to port on the plotter. I realize that there are numerous circumstances that could play into this to be possible.

But once I cross the stream My mpg should improve substantially. Right??? Lol

Has anyone ever done it in a jet boat? I look forward to hearing your responses.

Regards
Jason

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We went to Abaco last year you would not go to Bimini on that trip you would go to West End and then to Freeport. Is it possible yes since we did it but you will want to do a lot of research before hand and decide if its for you as you will be traveling on the rougher water side of Grand Bahama.

Jason Crump

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you @robert843 ! Sorry for the delay. What port did you leave from Heading to West End? How much fuel did you have left when you arrived? Thank you again for your time.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you @robert843 ! Sorry for the delay. What port did you leave from Heading to West End? How much fuel did you have left when you arrived? Thank you again for your time.
West Palm is where we left from probably burned about 30-40 gallons.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
cannot you do West end and then hug the shore there ?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
cannot you do West end and then hug the shore there ?
Correct that's how you would do this trip it's only about 20 miles from west end.
image.png