• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Top Canvas pole wraps?

Herman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They are just called side covers. Part number F2D-U377B-00-00

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The mooring and trailering cover would not fit, if you had the standoffs...it is very tight!
That's a shame, because on the "classic" 230 the mooring and trailering cover is designed to work with the standoffs :p

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
They are just called side covers. Part number F2D-U377B-00-00
What? You got 3 posts...I haven't even welcomed you to the forum, and you got the answer! Wow! Welcome aboard, and thanks! I will check out the part number...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
$186 bucks for those? Maybe Alysha will go for that, she can afford it, but bet not many buy them at that price. And it may only be the canvass without the pad. We could make these. And put Jetboaters.net down the side of it!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks to @Herman , who found a part number to the covers. I did a little more research to help guys find better pricing. I don't actually know if the 2012 includes the insulation pad. They are mighty proud of these and online, different dealers have them from $137 to $209 EACH! They are called "side covers" and listed as part number F2D-U377B-10-00 and called a side cover. My dealer is getting me a pair. Out of curiosity, I searched for my old boat and found them at around $68 each, part number F2A-U377B-20-00. They are grey but may not match the 2012 grey perfectly. And they definitely don't have the insulation padding, just the cover, but you could take a large diameter pool noodle, and cut two sections and slit them down one side. I did that for the 2012 until the new side covers come in. Did yours come with the pad separate from the cover with velcro? My '08 230 bimini cover had just the canvass wraps, with some reinforced backing, with velcro closure down the length, and no elastic on the ends. The dealer gave me two big diameter pieces of black pipe insulation that they slit to slip over the hinges. It was same padding as a noodle, but black and bigger diameter, with a hollow center and about an inch of thickness in the wall of the insulation...if you can picture that. I found these at a number of different yamaha boat dealers and suppliers. Here are a couple of links. The '08 version is item 31 on the list. https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/parts-catalog/parts/boats#/Yamaha/SX230HO_-_SXT1100EG_-_2008/BIMINI_TOP_CARPET
The more expensive '12 version at the same source is number 14 on their list.
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/parts-catalog/parts/boats#/Yamaha/SX240_HIGH_OUTPUT_-_SXT1800FL_-_2012/BIMINI_TOP_-_CARPET
There may be cheaper sources but they are tricky, so be careful. They list two of these covers in the list for a bimini, but they are priced individually. I found the 2012 at yamahasportsplaza.com , a place forum members have shopped for years, as they give an online discount of about 20-30%. They were $137 each there. Here is their link and same number 14 on the list.
http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003a253f870021f60a12481/bimini-top-carpet
And the '08 version, part 31 on the list, is only $47.85 each! So it pays to shop around, and here is that link...
http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003a049f870021f60a11af0/bimini-top-carpet

Hope this helps!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I had mine made at a canvas shop for $30.00 a pair! I will post a pic shortly

Herman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What? You got 3 posts...I haven't even welcomed you to the forum, and you got the answer! Wow! Welcome aboard, and thanks! I will check out the part number...
Thanks Mel! Glad I could contribute to the man who seems to know all. Shame what they want for them. Seems @Zarella has the right answer on having them made.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks Mel! Glad I could contribute to the man who seems to know all. Shame what they want for them. Seems @Zarella has the right answer on having them made.
@Herman ...were all in this together! I may have a few things figured out, but it is still only one mans opinion! The great thing about a forum, is that it is a balanced view. Glad to have you with us and look forward to seeing/reading your posts!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@txav8r ...sorry for the delay answering I spent the day getting the ocean out of my boat! We just came back from 5 glorious days on the ocean in Fort Pierce. But to answer your question it is filled with the same kind of foam that they use on boat seats. The real key to their success is the wide strip of velcro. Believe me when I tell you these are not going to blow off!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
now, I know I'm kinda cheap, but that's a lot of money for something that shouldn't cost that much. The first thing I thought of when I saw them was shock covers for an ATV.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xshock+covers&_nkw=shock+covers&_sacat=0&_from=R40

You could use a piece of pipe insulation or a noodle and then wrap a cover around them. I'm sure you can even find a YAMAHA branded cover.

I have those little stand off m'effers that makes me have to balance the bimini on my head while I put the clevis pins in...arrrggghh. But once they are set, they work well.