• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Top

Rik Mitchell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I love the Bimini top on our Scarab 195 , but it needs an aft portion on sunny days. Does anyone know if someone makes an extension for the aft lounge area.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Following as we may end up wanting something for what looks like a finalized deal on a 215 ID.

Last edited:

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I have had the same interest and noticed that on some of the 255 Open IDs for sale they had something like this. There seem to be various configurations that could probably fit in the lounge area or bow.

upload_2018-11-28_20-16-28.jpeg

Search the web for “bow sail shade”. There are a handful of results.

I was thinking about getting a 255 but we are going to keep the 195 because the lake we moved to seems more friendly towards smaller boats. I’m going to hold off on getting this for the boat until I get a few months of warm weather in. I’m not sure if we are going to be able to anchor the way we did in Ohio.

Rik Mitchell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
thanks for all your input. Found out that Monster Tower is the manufacturer of the tower and Great Lakes boat top may make my bimini.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
thanks for all your input. Found out that Monster Tower is the manufacturer of the tower and Great Lakes boat top may make my bimini.
Have you come up with a solution for some rear sun shade?

Rik Mitchell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not yet, Great lakes say they don't make an extension so I'll wait till I can measure the bimini on a 215. my guess is its the same tower.

kludem

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Same interest here... and dealer confirms scarab doesn't offer one. Considering making one... or having an upholstery shop assist. Hoping someone in the group finds one sooner

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I talked to Leonard Maraist and he said the top for a 215 will technically fit. But you'll possibly hit your head when coming in through the back of the boat. So people would have to be more vigilant when walking through.

ScarabBrian

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Anybody ever come up with a solution to this? I would love a little bit more shade in the back of my 2018 195 HO Impuls.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I’m looking for something like this for my 215 as well. I spent last summer moving around under the bimini to keep from burning.