• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blown engine repair in DFW

Twotoms

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My starboard engine decided to throw oil all over the engine bay. It was starting rough for a couple weeks. Changed oil and spark plugs and ran better. This weekend it ran great for 3 hours than quit running. Didn’t make a noise. Found about a half quart of very dark oil in engine bay. And spatters on wall. Can’t see any holes in block. Does anyone know of a good independent shop in DFW area?

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, sorry we had to meet like this,

How long have you owned the boat ?
Do you know if it ever had any other engine issues?

you might try 3d power sports in Lewisville, I don't know them but they've been around for a few years and seem like they have a legitimate place,

Twotoms

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for contacting me Scott. We did meet at the dock last year in Hickory Creek.

This was a replacement one from a jetski installed last year when the original Engine blew after a ECU stuck injector problem. The ECU was replaced so likely not the same problem.

Looking at a replacement from SBT. Either Yamaha rebuilt or new SBT.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was wondering when I saw "tom" in your name,

We just had a few threads about SBT rebuilds, you may do a search and read up on them,

Twotoms

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update. Engine not blown. Blew a seal on the starter and it shorted out starter and threw engine oil in the hull. New starter and sealed up tight. Runs great now.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is odd there is engine oil involvement with a starter seal. Not sure I understand how those are connected, but I'm very glad to hear the repair was not huge and the boat's all back together and ready to go!

Twotoms

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m not sure either. It was the seal where it attaches to the motor.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is oil in the front case section of these engines, I was surprised when I pulled one apart since the stator is in the same area.