• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Cover Advice

afdouble

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Forum,

I want to start by thanking everyone on here who has given me advice before, directly or indirectly. I love this forum, being a member; and appreciate the camaraderie that we boat owners have. This forum has been an invaluable tool for me, as I have upgraded my boat, as well as fixed minor issues, with the help/aid/instruction of the posts here. It may have even sucked money out of my pocket for mods that I loved but were of questionable necessity! I thank everyone again.

With that said, I sheepishly admit that I have used the shipping cover exclusively since I purchased my boat (2017 242 Limited S E-Series). Frankly, I love it. The design is great and it works well. However, it is finally wearing out, as it has three small holes that will only get bigger ultimately rendering it largely useless.

I am in the market for a new cover. I have assumed that the black deluxe mooring cover (approx $800) is my only real option. I initially avoided the black cover, not because of costs, but because I hated the color and feel like it would get very hot. I would appreciate opinions on the black cover, as well as leads on any other cover I might want to consider.

Thanks in Advance!

The Black Mooring Cover works great, fits great and doesn't really get too hot.

I have the black cover also, very happy with it, will purchase again when the time comes. One thing you are going to like is its a lot lighter than the white shipping cover. I use the shipping cover for winter storage and its a heavy pain in the ass, my wife really struggled with it. Sense all you've been using is the shipping cover you haven't realized this yet, till you use the black cover for the first time ?. Also not sure about yours but my shipping cover goes over the tower in the lowered position, this also adds to the ass pain ?

I have the black mooring cover for my 2021 195S. My boat is stored with the cover on in my driveway during the season and I trailer it to the water. The cover is on and off frequently. I feel that the process is easy. I'm very happy with the fit, the ratchet straps, Velcro, etc. I've been using it just over a year and it has held up well.

I have the black cover also, very happy with it, will purchase again when the time comes. One thing you are going to like is its a lot lighter than the white shipping cover. I use the shipping cover for winter storage and its a heavy pain in the ass, my wife really struggled with it. Sense all you've been using is the shipping cover you haven't realized this yet, till you use the black cover for the first time ?. Also not sure about yours but my shipping cover goes over the tower in the lowered position, this also adds to the ass pain ?

Thanks for the information. Never thought about the weight difference. Also, my shipping cover fits around the tower, so I leave it up when the shipping cover is on.

@afdouble Check back in after you get mooring cover and you use the first time as @Sean R, eluded to. That was one of the happiest days I had in a while, it was so effortless and so much lighter.

@afdouble Check back in after you get mooring cover and you use the first time as @Sean R, eluded to. That was one of the happiest days I had in a while, it was so effortless and so much lighter.

What about the durability? With it being so much lighter, what type of life expectancy does this black mooring cover have?

Some get 5 years or more. Depends on how you take care of it. I am on year 2 and it is in excellent shape.

Back