• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat cover difference from 18 and 19+

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I know the boat grew few inches but is it that big of a difference where the boat cover from 18 wont fit?
19+ ones are over 800...
18 ones are 650...

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I mean, you may be able to get the cover on the boat, but the fit will obviously not be right. These morning covers (I am assuming you are talking about the black Yamaha mooring cover) are not very stretchable/flexible. So even if you get it on, you will have gaps around the tower at a minimum. What good is a cover that essentially has holes in it?

With that being said, the 2019+ are three inches longer and two inches wider (I think), so I do not think you will be able to get the cover to wrap over the transom/rear edge of the hull. It is tight on my 2017 AR 195 and it is designed for it - I don't see you being able to use the older cover on the new models.

I would just make sure you purchase the cover for a 2018+ and know you have the correct fit. I have seen multiple people selling the cover that they bought when it didn't match their model year.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
yeah... figured.. :(

Can't find one under $800 ... used to be able to buy one for like $500 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

good thing I garage mine and don't really "NEED" the covers... but would be nice to have

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
49F13407-086E-49D5-A080-45F59D5D2624.jpeg
As you can see. It is a pretty tight fit. But it is a great cover. Many people that see it comment on how nice it is.

I think I paid around $750.00 for it. So I feel your pain. But as I can’t store our boat indoors, I have been very happy with the investment. Handles towing well, but it did wear off the silver vinyl pin striping on the “corners” of the bow.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Yamaha mooring covers are very very nice and very very expensive haha

I've used them religiously for my other two boats but this one... im thinking I might skip it unless they start coming back down in price... by then i might have sold my boat who knows ... I'm always wheeling and dealing lol

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll second that these covers are both expensive and worth it.

I store my boat in the garage, so the cover on gets used in the sun a few days a year on vacation, and whenever I'm towing. I figure I have around 10k miles on this cover over the last 4 seasons including a trip to FL, two trips to TN, and probably a hundred trips or more to our local lakes. Closest water to me that we visit often is 45mi one way. We'll sometimes make that trip both days on the weekend. I've driven through rain and hail storms with this cover, and it's been in 100deg heat. Even towed with it in the snow once (long story). It still looks, for all intents and purposes, brand new. There isn't a torn seam, a worn edge, or an abraded corner on it. All the buckles/clips/lines/poles/etc all still work just as new, and it still looks good to boot. I can't find the receipt, but I think I bought mine from Yamahasportsplaza.com and it was around $750 or so.

This is loaded up and ready for a trip to FL in early June of this year:
1626199857562.png

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
black cover $884+ tax
charcoal cover $778+ tax
🤦‍♂️
1626201176346.png

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

1626204631287.png

Says it is out of stock, but if you aren't in a hurry and are willing to wait for it to come in from Yamaha... great price. Never used LeadersRPMShop before, but thought I would pass it along.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The one above looks like you would have to fold the bimini down each time. The one i have for my 2019 SX190 lets you keep the Bimini up. I was given a used 2018 cover when i picked up the boat as they had no 2019 covers yet and i could not get it on at all.

I ended up getting mine from Leaders. The above may be the same one but the picture just photoshopped out the bimini.