• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat cover patch?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Yamaha OEM cover ( 5 years old) gave up after hanging on to over 24" of snow yesterday. I have a small rip by the anti-pooling pole up front.

Has anyone used an iron-on patch to fix their cover like the following: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003IHZCL4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

I don't want to buy a new cover at this point since my boat sits outdoors and the cover takes a lot of abuse. I like the OEM cover that I have so if I have to replace this, I will go with another ($500) or a sealskin brand replacement ($200) that I saw posted on this forum.

I've used the same product to extend the life of several boat covers now. It works great and was close to a match to the stock cover's color. It's also a lot cheaper and you get a lot more than you would if you bought tear aid. A few tips, put the same size patch over both sides of the tear and like the instructions say or should, make sure the application spot is clean and dry. If the spot to be repaired is where the anti pooling pole goes, use twice as much material than instructed.

I used something similar to repair a rip in our bow cover. However, prior to installing the patch, my wife stitched it up first. Once stitched, installed the patch (both side covering the stitching). Has held up very well - going on 3 years now.

Thanks for all of the advice. I used these iron on patches on the outside after stitching the tear. I also used gorilla tape on the inside and that stuff sticks great. Came out decent but you can see it.
image.jpeg

I think it looks absolutely fine. Besides, if you are like me, you don't have that cover on while you are using it... :)

Nice job. Do update us on how it holds up!

Back