• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Cover w/Tower - Outdoor Storage

Lord Vader

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So close to pulling the trigger on my first boat and I'm getting really excited! I've narrowed it down to either the 212 Limited or the 212 Limited S. I'm fortunate enough that my house has a side entry garage which allows the driveway to extend past the garage, behind the 6'5"-ish fence and down the side of the house. A perfect boat pad/storage location! As long as I can hide the boat behind the fence from the HOA I think this is where I'll eventually keep my boat year round.

My question:
If I opt for the Limited S with the tow tower, how "water tight" can I expect the cover to be?

My only reservation regarding the Limited S is that rain water will constantly leak in where the tower sticks out of the cover and cause mold issues. Tampa Florida gets a TON of rain in early/mid summer and I've seen a lot of used boats with mildew stains on the seats which has me concerned.

Is there a way to fold the tower and keep it under the cover?
Anyone else store their boat at the house? Recommendations?

I think a little water might make its way in during bad storms, but probably nothing to worry about. I don't ever remember water under the cover on my 212X for the occasional storms in Nashville. Worst case get a powered vent and you'll be good to go. In Florida the real enemy is the non stop UV rays (good problem).

We keep our ar210 outside with a cover and the rain water is not a factor. The humidity here in Florida is the real problem. We use damprid and it seems to get the job done well. We leave a few in different areas of the boat when covered and haven’t had a problem.

Well I have a SX210 here in Tampa area. My cover has two openings for the bimini posts... rain water has never been issue.... even with Irma.

I just keep a little fan running all the time when my boat is in the driveway and it stays nice and dry. It does get dirty where the tower passes though the cover, but it's just <5-minutes of cleaning kind of dirty.

Back