• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat dock

LKA9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New member first post. Thinking of buying a Yamaha 24 foot boat this year. Right now I have a 18 foot Bryant 182 limited. I know I will have to update my boat lift to handle the extra weight any suggestions. Also my dock is only 22 feet should I add to it thanks.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What is your current lift’s rated capacity?
Yamahas are lighter than most comparable boats.

Is your dock covered? If not, there is likely no reason to add on. Our 212 is in a 20’ slip on a lift. Some does poke out beyond the roof but that’s what the mooring cover is for.

LKA9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The lift right now is a 3500 pound lift. It is covered but thought the same about the cover and just let it stick out a bit.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Probably going to need a higher capacity lift. Not sure which model 24' boat you are going with but that's about the dry weight of SX240. The other 24 footers with more options can weigh between 3800 and 3900 lbs. Add 300-400 more with full fuel load plus batteries , anchors , other on board accessories and it adds up fast. I have my 242 Limited SE on an Econolift 6500 and it works great. Maybe a little overkill but I personally don't like cutting it too close. Good luck in your shopping.

Last edited:

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yup I think you will need some more lift for it to be stable. Sell your current lift and upgrade.
I don’t think it is worth the cost to add two feet but you might want to install a gutter so roof runoff doesn’t go directly onto you boat (with or without cover).