• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat docking

Matix2u

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
I am looking to store my new jet boat in the ocean for summer in a marina. It’s a scarab but I heard leaving it in the salt water will destroy it. What are some options on some dock lifts or those inflatable bouys? Eager to know how people are keeping their boats in the water at the docks (salt)

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
If your boat has bottom paint it should be OK in salt water as long as you use it regularly and flush the motors if needed. If you do not have bottom paint you will need to take it out at least once a week to clean the bottom. I leave my boat in a salt water wet slip for two weeks every summer and usually pull it out twice to clean it. Since we are using it every day I have had zero issues.

When you say ocean - what exactly do you mean. My boat is on a lift in the bay - see picture to the left, besides the salt water you will need to take measures to protect it from the waves, tidal changes, and boat wakes which can bounce it around pretty good in the water. Any lift at a marina would take care of these - but depending on how the marina is located you can have challenging issues with currents with the tides. My lift is an electric hoist that you can drive the boat onto. If your boat is not too big the floatable drive on system may be an option.

A lot of marinas also offer a concierge type of forklift storage in which you call them and tell them when you are going out and they have your boat ready for you. You return it to the dock and they put it on a rack until you need it again. As with all things involving a marina prices will vary and nothing will be cheap. There are a lot of options - if you have marina in mind give them a call and see what they offer. I am not sure how this summer will go with the world apparently ending soon but normally most marinas at resort type areas sell out of slips. This happened to me one summer and the marina rented me trailer parking - meaning I had to trailer in in and out via the boat ramp every time. A lot cheaper, but also a PITA if you are boating a lot.