• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat leaning

ChrisF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi , stupid question.

My 22 195s is leaning on the port side when docked or when everyone is off the boat swimming. Is this normal? I have 3 batteries and 2 amps on that side but I can't imagine that is causing itor is it? Leans after bilge too20220902_093630.jpg

Perfect for wakesurfing regular side....

I believe you when you say it leans, but when I study this picture, if you hadn’t told me it leans, I would argue that the tower is offset somehow. Could that be?

I believe you when you say it leans, but when I study this picture, if you hadn’t told me it leans, I would argue that the tower is offset somehow. Could that be?
I dont think so. Tower is locked in and lowers fine. We have to continually bring down for a moment to get under a bridge and have had no problems and doesn't seem offset.

Batteries are 50-60 lbs or more each, could cause it to lean. Plus your boat is lighter much lighter than a 21' where as the weight of the batteries don't affect those as much for leaning.

Pull your batteries and look to see if it changes.

I’m with @HangOutdoors. 3 batteries and 2 amps is probably 200lbs on a boat that’s not that heavy. Maybe move one of the batteries to the starboard side?

I’m curious, why do you need 3 batteries?

I have an SX190 with a single battery, and it sits about an inch lower on the port side. I only notice it when hanging out in the water behind it. I imagine 2 additional batteries on the same side would make it way more noticeable.

I’m with @HangOutdoors. 3 batteries and 2 amps is probably 200lbs on a boat that’s not that heavy. Maybe move one of the batteries to the starboard side?

I’m curious, why do you need 3 batteries?
All day tunes

My 24' 242x also leans/lists to the port side. This is a good pic depicting that lean, with only 2 batteries, 2 amps, ballast empty. Pretty much stock setup

boat_lean.jpg

My AR230 leans slightly also. 2 batteries, tool box, air pump and all of the gear in the head compartment. Every little bit adds up.

In big boats/yachts we add lead bars around the boat to get rid of any port/starboard lean or to attain the proper angle fore to aft. You might just need to move some gear to the other side to balance it.

Back